Your #956425 help me thread. (crisis core, freezes, shuts off)

Discussion in 'PSP - Games & Content' started by halcyon_, Jan 17, 2011.

1. halcyon_
    OP

Newcomer halcyon_ Newbie

United States
    Alright thanks for bothering about my post and lets cut down the chase, I have a psp 2000 with 5.00 M33-4 on it. I can play any games just fine such as dissidia (so far at least) except for crisis core which seems to freeze on a black screen when it goes in to a new cut scene and then shuts my psp off.
    Solutions I've tried so far:
    1. Used a different .iso, my room mate has a psp 1000 and already finished crisis core using the said iso, but still no luck it also freezes. (not on the same scene)
    2. Downloaded a different .iso, still the same, and again on a different cut scene.
    3. Deleted the game in the psp, copied the same .iso to it again and I can play fine...but not until a new cut scene comes in, I've tried this several times, it works, but almost every 10 minutes I have to delete the game, send it back to my psp again so I can play and it sure is annoying.
    Also I've noticed that when it freezes on a black screen, there's this sounds (like clicking your mouse) before it shuts it off.
    It's a fairly new psp which is like more or less 2 weeks old, has a 4gb memory stick and has 500mb space left with crisis core on it.
    Might any of you know a way to fix my problem?

2. xist

Member xist ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ

United Kingdom
    Sounds like a fake Memory stick...What brand is it and is it Magic Gate supported as detailed in the XMB? (NOT what's on the stick itself...push the Triangle button on the Memory Stick sub menu)

If the stick is dodgy your options are limited to a format and put Crisis Core back on and see if it works. If that fails then get a new stick.

You could also update to 5.00 M33-6 so you have access to the MS access speed enhancement.

3. halcyon_
    OP

Newcomer halcyon_ Newbie

United States
    Written there is:
    User Capacity 3876 MB
    Free Space 510 MB
    MagicGate™ Unknown

Formatting it means I have to reapply cfw again right?

4. xist

United Kingdom
    No...CFW lives in the PSP's internal Flash not the Memory stick.

And that's a fake stick....simplest solution to prevent future woes such as this and corrupt save data is to get a legit Sandisk from a reputable retailer.

5. halcyon_
    OP

Newcomer halcyon_ Newbie

United States
    That sucks, guess I'll have to go with this then. Thanks mate, I'll check up on this thread again once I find a new stick, thanks again.
    edit:
    Also this also happens to MHFU, same everything (black screen, ticking noise before shut down).

6. xist

United Kingdom
    Well you can prove i'm right by using your friends MS with Crisis Core on to check it works fine when played off that stick.

7. halcyon_
    OP

Newcomer halcyon_ Newbie

United States
    I'll do this before I spend cash on buying a new one, for now I'll format the disk and see if it works.

8. xist

United Kingdom
    You're still better off with a new stick given that a fake can corrupt or cause issues at any time.

9. halcyon_
    OP

Newcomer halcyon_ Newbie

United States
    Still getting the same error, seems like my only choice is buying a new one. [​IMG]
    Thanks again.