You wait for a decent RPG then 2 come along

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by Terenigma, Jan 24, 2010.

Jan 24, 2010
  1. Terenigma
    OP

Member Terenigma Terenigma everywhere

United Kingdom
    Ok what the heck is going on iv been waiting ages for a decent RPG game that could hold my attention and then we get 2 games within a week of each other both very diffrent but both very good iv completed sands of destruction and thought it had one of the best storys iv seen in a game and the battle system was fun altho a lil repatative later in the game. fair enough every game has its flaws and sod had a few especially with the infamous pauses in the speaking but i completed it and thoroughly enjoyed it from start to finish...

so i move on to glory of hercules and i must say i was put off by the fact "hercules" was mentioned and thought it would be a boring game but i tried it anyway... HOW WRONG I WAS. iv been playing this for 4hours solid and im taking a break and i feel i must write this to share my sheer enjoyment of this game. story = good , graphics = excellent , battle system = really really good , fun factor = through the roof

im not going to pick between the two games on which is better because im only 4hours into glory of hercules and iv completed sod but without doubt these 2 games are the best RPG's on the DS so far i advise people to buy them asap!

2. Hadrian

Former Staff Hadrian Better than Craigslist

United Kingdom
    Didn't we have some last month?

3. demitrius

Member demitrius GBAtemp Regular

United States
    But Dragon Quest 4 & 5 are already out, enjoy your second rate crud

4. Hadrian

United Kingdom
    I was disappointed with both Glory of Hercules & Sands of Destruction. Like with most DS JRPGs nowadays they got boring really fast and the stories weren't anything to keep me interested.

Mario & Luigi 3 is still the only one in recent memory that kept my interest until I finished it.

5. Terenigma
    OP

Member Terenigma Terenigma everywhere

United Kingdom
    Care to name them? iv always kept an eye out for for RPG ones and iv not seen any big ones that caused a big stir on the forums. hell maybe im wrong but i never liked suikoden tierkreis it was too easy and kinda boring and dragon quest 4 was alright but that was ages ago and DQ 5 is out?

[edit] im actually kinda suprised glory of hercules didnt get your attention more the controls and the way the bottom screen works with the actions feels really nice and well implemented but each to their own

6. Hadrian

United Kingdom
    Weren't Phantasy Star 0 & Fighting Fantasy released last month?

7. GameSoul

Member GameSoul youtube.com/variantdevil

United States
    SoD is great, I really like it. I haven't played GoH yet but I will once I beat SoD. I definitely recommend it if you have nothing to do or want a decent turn-based RPG

8. Guild McCommunist

Member Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

United States
    Ooh, rough trollin'. The take off was nice, but the landing was just shoddy. I'll give it a 4.

Yeah, I don't feel like playing games with ancient gameplay mechanics that are obsolete now. The games are completely inferior in today's realm, unless you're some Squenix fanboy or want a trip down Nostalgia Lane.

Anyway, next month we get Infinite Space, which looks very promising. And of course Pokemon in English (although I'm sure we've all played it through and through already).

9. Zane

Member Zane Ace Wizard

Sweden
    And RO!!!! [​IMG]

But yeah, can't wair for Silver.

10. suruz

Member suruz GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    I TOTALLY AGREE WITH THE THREAD TITLE

I'm playing both now and both seem awessomme~

I love the VO in sands of destruction, even though others might not agree [​IMG] And its pretty rare to have semi-decent english voices, so I'm happy.

11. Sanderino

Member Sanderino I guess you only know what you got 'till it's gone

Netherlands
    Wow, I don't like GoH.. Just because of those Cell-Shaded graphics. this is the first time I hated a game because of his graphics..