You think RetroArch will come along with Ninjhax 2.0?

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by Selim873, Jul 17, 2015.

1. Selim873
    OP

Selim873 Nunnayobeesnes

Jul 31, 2010
    United States
    Chillin' with Bob Ross
    I've been gone a while, saved up money and ordered a German copy of Cubic Ninja for my out of region system. (I live in the US so it cost me quite a bit)

From what I remember, the processor couldn't be cracked just yet on 9.8, so only simple homebrew like RegionFOUR worked, and I know someone was working on RetroArch for older firmware at the time, but I can't find that post anywhere now. So seeing as Ninjhax is finally getting released today, July 17th (Just posted on Twitter 5 mins ago) Will homebrew run at full potential? Especially on the N3DS hardware? I'd LOVE to play old PSOne games on my 3DS system eventually!

2. Rockhoundhigh

Rockhoundhigh Man with a mission

Apr 2, 2011
    United States
    Southern California
    In the 1.2 release thread on their site they flat out stated that the current state Retroarch on 3DS is in no way release worthy. Also, I don't see any reason why smealum and aliaspider would collaborate on this sort of thing.

3. Selim873
    OP

Selim873 Nunnayobeesnes

Jul 31, 2010
    United States
    Chillin' with Bob Ross
    Sorry, I'm tired and about to go to bed. Haha I'll edit the title, I was just trying to see if I could get some sort of recap from what's happened between RegionFOUR's release and now, and what Ninjhax 2.0 was meant to be capable of as well.

EDIT: Can't find a button to edit the title. :X

4. MRJPGames

MRJPGames Pretty great guy

Aug 17, 2013
    Netherlands
    The Netherlands
    Ninjhax 2.0 has region four implemented. Btw CitrAGB a gba emulator does work (though slow) with ninjhax 2.0 (as stated by smealum) so it's a safe bet that retroarch will technically work, though if it's not release worthy for ninjhax 1 than it's probably not very functional yet.

Selim873 likes this.