Hacking You need to format the disk in drive I: before you can use it

AfxTwn

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I am trying to add files with WBFS Manager on my WBFS formatted drive but whenever I connect it to my PC (using Windows 7 64bit) I get the error message: You need to format the disk in drive I: before you can use it.

This is stopping WBFSM from adding files to the drive and I don't know how to fix this issue, can anyone help me please?

P.S. The whole drive is formatted as WBFS.

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
That's normal, your disk isn't formatted in FAT or NTFS so Windows doesn't know what the fuck to do with it when you plug it in. That alone should not stop you adding files through programmes that can work with WBFS formatted drive.

AfxTwn

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I know that because it's formatted in WBFS, Windows doesn't recognise it and this is why the pop-up message keeps appearing but this is interfering with WBFS Manager in some way and stopping it adding files to the drive.

I'm just wondering if it's a problem with the HDD itself, the model I am using is a WD Elements WD6400EB035-01. I have added files to the drive before without problems but recently I can't add any at all because as soon as I plug in the drive I get the pop-up message and it continues to appear as long as the drive is connected to the PC.

Perhaps I need to reformat?

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
How do you know that's what's stopping you adding files? I get that message every time I plug my WBFS drive in and I can still use WBFS Manager just fine. have you been able to use this drive before?

AfxTwn

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yes I've used this drive before as I've got a few games on there already (which work fine on the Wii). The reason I suspect this is what's causing a problem is that this message has popped up in the past, only not as often. When I clicked to cancel the message and then started WBFS Manager, as long as the message didn't appear again during the trasnfer process, then the file would trasnfer fine.

Whereas now the message continues to pop up again and again (up to 3 times during the minute and a half it takes to transfer the file), WBFS Manager goes through the process and even says it's added the file to my drive, however the file doesn't appear on the list in the left-hand pane.

For some reason this pop up message is occurring more and more frequently, as soon as I plug the drive in and then for as long as the drive remains connected to my PC.

koji2009

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FAT32 would make your life easier... but it's not necessary if you prefer WBFS.

I can tell you right now that that dialogue box is not the problem. If it keeps popping up, that means windows is probably seeing the drive connect/disconnect a bunch of times... Could be something wrong with the USB port you're using or a faulty USB cable.

AfxTwn

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for the help guys. You were right Koji, it turned out to be the USB cable in the end. I tried a different one and it works fine now.

I was worried there for a while!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.