Gaming You know what really grinds my gears? MH3U Edition

Drak0rex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You know what really grinds my gears? The overwhelming abundance of elitist jerkoffs that play this game, and look down on, and are utter assholes to people for no other reason than for the sheer thrill of being a dick.

I have over 500 hours logged, and am only at HR7. Not because I suck at the game, but because I spend most of that time waiting, and trying to find some decent people to play the game with. I spend most of that time thumbing through the same damn rooms, trying to find somebody that's hunting the same thing I want to hunt, and then I wander into a room and when I ask what we're hunting, some ass face says that they're not hunting, they're just talking. When I asked why they even bother turning the game on, he begins slinging insults at me and being a total jackoff.

There are plenty of other means of talking that don't involve taking up precious bandwidth on a game that I forked over my hard earned dollar for. Why the hell is it so god damned difficult to find some decent, civilized human beings to play the game with, instead of having to deal with dickbags that get off on treating other people like shit?

It fucking sickens me.

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Oh believe me, I am! When people aren't total jackoffs to me. I'm starting to think Nintendo might be on to something by not including chat in games like Splatoon.

To avoid people you met online I guess?

Reactions: Margen67

Drak0rex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tell me there isn't an ounce of truth in what I say. I don't want to play the game just for the sake of getting to HR999 and getting the best armor and weapons. What I want is to play the game and have fun with other people who don't think they're better than everyone else and treat others like crap just because they're a lower rank or get killed by relentlessly attacking monsters too easily.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I made an MH3U thread specifically dedicated to finding fellow hunters but it never properly took off, I've moved on to MH4U at this point.

barronwaffles

Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
"Why even turn the game on?"
You instigated the altercation.

Seriously, dudes just sounded like they wanted to chat ingame and you couldn't keep yo' tits calm and find someone else to play with?

Reactions: Taleweaver

LysergCooltyp

I don't know why the microwave burns
Trophies
XP
Country
I never encountered that issue. When i jumped into multiplayer i only met friendly people. However i also agree with waffles. You jumped their room and then you started some beef instead of simply opening your own one.

Drak0rex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I instigated nothing. it's a perfectly logical question. There was no reason to behave like a total douchebag, and if he just wanted to talk to his buddies, the smart thing to do would have been to make a private room, so as to spare people the time and frustration of walking in hoping to actually play the game. While it's true I could have just created my own room, that would have only resulted in me waiting til who knows when for someone to come along, instead of enjoying the game

barronwaffles

Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
No, it's easily going to be interpreted as a loaded question and if you cant understand that then perhaps there is a reason why you end up receiving hostility online.

LysergCooltyp

I don't know why the microwave burns
Trophies
XP
Country
Your search didn't result in you enjoying the game either, so opening a room and waiting would certainly ended less frustrating, even if it takes a while until someone with the same goal shows up.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I'm sorry but I'm with the OP on this - if you want to dick around, don't open a public lobby and mislead other players - do it in private or preferably not at all. If you have no intention of playing the game, put your controller down, log on Skype and stop wasting people's time.

Reactions: Drak0rex

barronwaffles

Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
Or perhaps you shouldn't be jumping online with the attitude that everyone is obligated to play according to some imagined guidelines?

If you are looking to find a serious group to play with, organize one beforehand - stop getting upset with others who were evidently just trying to enjoy themselves.

Move on, stop throwing your toys when things don't work out.

barronwaffles

Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
Who is going to dictate how the game is 'intended' to be played?

The important part of that post is that nobody is under any obligation to behave as how you want them.

Sure, those two guys could have made a private room - hell, they might have been strangers who struck up a conversation with each other about whatever? But it sounds like they were enjoying an aspect that the game provided until someone came in and started stomping their feet.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
And by "aspect of the game" you mean "not playing the game"? You can chat while playing, there's nothing standing in the way of doing that. The question is legitimate - why boot a game and make a lobby if you're not going to play it? It might be rude and overly direct, I would've probably ignored it and moved on but that doesn't change the fact that these people wasted the OP's time and should be doing this sort of thing in a private lobby or better yet, via services designed for just that - chatting.

barronwaffles

Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
What's to say they didn't have the intention of playing when they booted into the game? What's to say that they didn't have the intention of playing after finishing the conversation? Perhaps they might have even let OP join in if he didn't come across as hostile?

Why is it even a question? Why does it matter what intention they had? The only person who was wasting time here was OP, and it's entirely because he didn't just move on and find (or perhaps organize!) an active game.

There's no point in attempting how to dictate people should 'play' online, and even less in getting upset about it.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Y'know, you're right, they might've had that intention, except they clearly communicated that they're "not hunting anything" in a game called Monster Hunter. I get what you're saying and the OP did overreact but when you're just looking for a lobby to play the game and you run into people who do everything except the clearly laid out objective it really is infuriating. MH3U isn't a sandbox designed to dick around in like GTAV - you have an objective and you do it. Like I said, making a lobby with no intention of playing the game is equally if not more dickish as telling people that they're not playing the game right - it's a lose-lose scenario. Avoiding misleading people is as much a part of being considerate as politeness in my book - at the end of the day neither party had fun. If you're playing an objective-based game, play the objective out of respect for other players or set the lobby to private.

barronwaffles

Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
We can only infer what they 'clearly communicated' here and based on OPs attitude I wouldn't make that assumption at all.

I'll agree that the situation of attempting to find 'serious' games/matches on public lobbies can be frustrating, I don't think there is anything misleading about what the other two player were doing - and I especially wouldn't consider there to be any intent to mislead on their half either.

It does sound like at-least one group was having fun. If it was me in this situation I'd probably have joined in the conversion if the other two had let me + it was interesting - because the only concrete objective I have when gaming is to enjoy myself.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM