You know what I just wished could happen?

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Games & Content' started by jonesman99, Oct 1, 2010.

Oct 1, 2010
  1. jonesman99
    OP

Member jonesman99 GBAtemp's Official ArchAndroid

United States
    I always wondered if Wii emulation was possible on the 360... I am a noob when it comes to specs and all, but shouldn't it be possible unless the Wii or 360 have some exclusive chips or something.

Now of course, it wouldnt be able to emulate all of the games, because there is no motion controller for the 360 and a lack of a way to get the Wiimote to respond to the 360.

But wouldn't it be nice, though?

2. VashTS

Member VashTS Beat it, son

United States
    its possible but not likely to be fast. the 360 has 3 cores at 3.2ghz but only 512 of ram. i think thats where it would suffer. could work though.

3. snico1995

Member snico1995 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    will never work. usually for emulation the system emulating has to be about 5x more powerful than the system your emulating.

4. hundshamer

Member hundshamer GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    Agreed. They are having trouble getting a PS2 emulator running on the PC. The original Xbox has yet to have more than one game running on it. As for dolphin (Wii/Gamecube emulator) you need to optimize it for almost every Wii game. My PC's specs are greater than the 360's (4 cores @ 2.5 Ghz each, 8GB ram, and a Gforce 210 512MB graphics) and it has troubles with some Wii games (GC games do alright). So good luck getting it to run well enough to play.

5. tk_saturn

Member tk_saturn GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    Well the XBOX360 can emulate the original XBOX, which most people feel was the most powerful console of the last generation. While technically it should be capable of emulating the Wii or atleast the GameCube, it would all be down to the skills of those behind it. Bleemcast was notible as an emulator.

Given the lack of activity on the XBOX homebrew scene, there's not a chance in hell of a decent Wii or GC Emulator with half decent frame rates.

6. muffincat

Newcomer muffincat Member

United States
    You know what i just wished could happen?
    Resident Evil 1 (the REmake) and maybe RE2, 3 and Code Veronica on Xbox Live Arcade =D
    well, at least i can dream while i play them on my Wii

7. ninjaapple

Newcomer ninjaapple Advanced Member

Trinidad and Tobago
    There is a Wii emulator that also plays GC games called Dolphin.
    And even if you computer isn't that great, you still get a very decent amout of fps in it.

Site

8. Devin

Member Devin "Local Hardware Wizard"

United States
    Last post in this thread was made on October 2nd. I think they got it handled.