You know what I just realized

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by abaddon41_80, Mar 1, 2009.

Mar 1, 2009
  1. abaddon41_80
    OP

Member abaddon41_80 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    That people in the know about a place like Newegg can easily make a huge profit buying things from them and reselling them to friends and on places like Craigslist. Take MicroSD cards, for example. I have an extra 8GB card that I want to get rid of and I posted it on Craigslist for $20 last night, I only paid $15.49 at Newegg with free shipping, and this morning I woke up to 7 e-mails from people wanting to buy it including 2 people who said they would come get it now and pay $25.

Does anyone do stuff like this for a living because it seems to me you could make a lot of money.

2. Balrogs.Pain

Member Balrogs.Pain GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I was actually thinking of doing stuff like that, just i probably would put it on ebay. Or sell it to my friends.

3. Splych

Member Splych GBAtemp's Lurker

Philippines
    Smart idea. But not much people care about SD Cards, and all those flash drives in my school. No one knows anything about computers, or flashcarts. And wouldn't want to get one that is larger for their cellphones.

So basically, no one would want to buy them. For Canadians, that can't buy off of NewEgg, if you can find a CanadaComputers near you, then that is where you should buy your SD Cards~! I am too lazy to check if they are only in Ontario, but oh well.... There is also other sites too... but I am going to let people check for themselves...

CanadaComputers

4. jaxxster

Member jaxxster The Heretic

United Kingdom
    its like kinda buying from jersey over here because of the lower tax you pay on stuff makes it cheaper.

5. Splych

Philippines
    At Jersey the taxes are lower~!?

zomg... I should tell my cousin to buy me something~!

6. Sc4rFac3d

Member Sc4rFac3d GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Netherlands
    It's a good way to start, but the real deal is still to go wholesale. Upside for doing it this way is that you profit right away instead of selling thousands of units.

I think my neighbour used to do this internet buying, selling on the streets thing, then he went on to sell flashcards.

7. Reaper

Member Reaper Tͩ͒ͥ̈́ͧ̓͑̆̂

United States
    People do this with DX

8. jesuschristmonke

Member jesuschristmonke GBAtemp Regular

United States
    So in your extensive research of an applicable microcosm of consumers on the American continent, your thesis concludes that his fine idea is a failure, well... just because?

[​IMG]

abbadon41_80 is the type who can make money hand over fist while others say it can't be done. Good on him. Don't get too ambitious and start looking into wholesale just yet. You'll get stuck on planning and logistics and drop the whole thing. Plus funding is a huge issue until you can build it up. Keep doing what you're doing now because it's simple and it works. Just be careful of potentially crazy craigslisters and meet them in highly populated areas in daylight.

9. jaxxster

United Kingdom
    Yeah they dont have any VAT over there. which makes buying huge tv and luxury items alot cheaper

10. Splych

Philippines
    zomg. New Jersey right? Cousin and Aunt live there... If it is, I should call them to buy me a PSP or something there~! No wait... a LAPTOP~!

11. jaxxster

United Kingdom
    lol, no Jersey, Its a small island off the coast of france.

12. Splych

Philippines
    xDD

Jersey, I thought New Jersey~! I was going all crazy and called my cousin. But never told him what to buy so good thing I didn't tell.