You know, we tend to look at Nintendo's current state and heckle it, but why don't we take a portal back to when Nintendo was the go-to of fun?

CupheadtheCritic

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Honduras
1985-2002: Nintendo Power Magazine. Now, I never grew up in the nineties, but I can say that looking at old magazines makes you remember how Nintendo was once open to their fans despite some bull here and there.

2002-2014: Iwata, Miyamoto, and Reggie's creative Nintendo Direct skits. Now, I don't normally bring up Iwata after...(short pause) but he and the gang clearly had a lot of fun with the skits. From a Muppets parody to a cinematic ass fake fight between Reggie and Iwata. Hell, even playing the games they announced.

2016-2019; Nintendo was struggling a little with creativity, but still had a small amount of fun was to behold... Right?

2020-present: All hell broke loose.

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Why not just focus on the games?
Nintendo nowadays is a greedy (which is not the same as profit-oriented, which any company has to be by definition), anti-consumer and dislikable and unfriendly company. I fully stopped buying their products about 2018 while already having reduced it to a minimum since about 2007.

At least Nintendo of Europe has been different in the past: They were willing to just chat on the phone after I wrote a letter with some questions as a kid in the 1990s. They send replacement parts if needed and generally seemed to genuinely care for the customers.

But why dwell in the past? The past is gone, but more important: Nintendo made excellent video games which are still here. Those had been enjoyable, are enjoyable and will stay enjoyable.

CupheadtheCritic

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Honduras
Why not just focus on the games?
Nintendo nowadays is a greedy (which is not the same as profit-oriented, which any company has to be by definition), anti-consumer and dislikable and unfriendly company. I fully stopped buying their products about 2018 while already having reduced it to a minimum since about 2007.

At least Nintendo of Europe has been different in the past: They were willing to just chat on the phone after I wrote a letter with some questions as a kid in the 1990s. They send replacement parts if needed and generally seemed to genuinely care for the customers.

But why dwell in the past? The past is gone, but more important: Nintendo made excellent video games which are still here. Those had been enjoyable, are enjoyable and will stay enjoyable.
I just wanted to take a quick look back.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: If you want a good system to port it to, at least have a good programmer and knowledge.