Hacking RELEASE You know guys deja Vu is out?

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 41,227
  • Replies 168
  • Likes 8

blawar

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Please if you're an END USER at the moment, don't try it. It probably has slot of bugs. Wait for atmosphere to implement this.

On a scale of 1-10, how shitty do you feel for taking someone's open source project, renaming it, throwing your bitcoin address on it, then compiling and posting it?

Reactions: eza and loler55
D

Deleted User

OP
On a scale of 1-10, how shitty do you feel for taking someone's open source project, renaming it, throwing your bitcoin address on it, then compiling and posting it?
Have ever read the gpl? Also again the thing "donations" not in any way required and it's really optional by any means. So I would say 0 . And also the gpl allows me to modify stuff and share modified copies so yeah.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Have you ever read the gpl? Also again the thing "donations" not in any way required and it's really optional by any means. So I would say 0 . And also the gpl allows me to modify stuff and share modified copies so yeah.

Have ever read the gpl? Also again the thing "donations" not in any way required and it's really optional by any means. So I would say 0 . And also the gpl allows me to modify stuff and share modified copies so yeah.

D

Deleted User

OP
Putting a donations link on something that takes a minute to compile is pretty lame.

Here's a compiled mirror that won't have links like that:
https://github.com/16BitWonder/caffeine

Maybe true so don't worry I'll remove it. I just had a thought if somebody wasted or something so yeah will be gone now

Maybe true so don't worry I'll remove it. I just had a thought if somebody wasted or something so yeah will be gone now
Sorry for inconvenient

Putting a donations link on someone else's work that takes a minute to compile is pretty lame.

Here's a compiled mirror that won't have links like that:
https://github.com/16BitWonder/caffeine

Remove the links. Happy?

Sorry for inconvenient

Removed the links. Happy?

blawar

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I never said you violated any licenses, I simply asked you how shitty you felt for doing it.

Remove the links. Happy?

Cool, now rename the project back to caffeine. You don't rename a project just to compile it.

P3T3

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
yep yep didn't made it but yeah it's out so he'll yeah

https://github.com/liuervehc/caffeine

Edit: It uses smhax so it's only <=3.0.0

Edit 4 and final one: I have compiled an Experimental and untested nsp + elf so here it is: https://github.com/TheP1nguinExpanded/Espresso-NX

Edit 5: maybe putting donations link is bad idea since many people complaint about it I removed those so be happy and don't complain about what I do.

Pls I don't wanna be tx 2.0 so don't make me feel baddy
----------------------------------------------
Highly Experimental and I will not push any more updates to it so enjoy and play with it with caution!..

Also wanted to point out since people didn't understood. THIS IS ISNT MATURE ENOUGH AND THIS IS STILL WIP AND FOR DEVS SO Yeah.

Thank you but this needs to be pushed for 4.x FW as all the patched units come on 4 up... Good start, looking forward to getting hacks on my ipatched unit!

Reactions: Maximilious

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i've updated, just that i kept my fuses on the 2.3.0, autorcm :)
auto RCM is mandatory for updating without burning e-uses right?
i still scared of auto-RCM

shetix did a video on how to recover from the auto RCM brick but i am still leary of it ,

Reactions: cearp

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I thought Deja Vu was for 4.1.0 and under? Guess that changed? I've been out of the loop lately.

I think at the time they had only made it work on 4.1.0, but they didn't release it at the time because it hadn't all been patched & they wanted to hold onto it in case it was useful for mariko. The main part of the exploit was fixed recently & so they've started releasing it & porting it to as many OS versions they can.

Reactions: Maximilious

Ericthegreat

Not New Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yep yep didn't made it but yeah it's out so he'll yeah

https://github.com/liuervehc/caffeine

Edit: It uses smhax so it's only <=3.0.0

Edit 4 and final one: I have compiled an Experimental and untested nsp + elf so here it is: https://github.com/TheP1nguinExpanded/Espresso-NX

Edit 5: maybe putting donations link is bad idea since many people complaint about it I removed those so be happy and don't complain about what I do.

Pls I don't wanna be tx 2.0 so don't make me feel baddy
----------------------------------------------
Highly Experimental and I will not push any more updates to it so enjoy and play with it with caution!..

Also wanted to point out since people didn't understood. THIS IS ISNT MATURE ENOUGH AND THIS IS STILL WIP AND FOR DEVS SO Yeah.
Lol if you wanna have a donation link your not forcing people to donate, so it doesn't matter.

D

Deleted User

OP
I never said you violated any licenses, I simply asked you how shitty you felt for doing it.

Cool, now rename the project back to caffeine. You don't rename a project just to compile it.
I think a rename is not bad idea just because caffeine is the not compiled version and Espresso NX is compiped. Even the atlas Team from Kosmos Nx bundle did it.

I think at the time they had only made it work on 4.1.0, but they didn't release it at the time because it hadn't all been patched & they wanted to hold onto it in case it was useful for mariko. The main part of the exploit was fixed recently & so they've started releasing it & porting it to as many OS versions they can.

True because that's what Reswitched did :)

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Glad some users confirmed what I asked. I have a 4.1.0 switch sitting in a box and I've been waiting for Deja Vu' release. Too bad the UI improvements didn't come until 8.0, but beggars can't be choosers!

DogParty

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So let me try to wrap my head around this.

This is only useful atm for users on 3.0 and below. (Fortunately, my second Switch is on 3.0!). To make this useful, though, people should also use SX OS because of emunand, right? That way you can stay on the early version with sysnand and then reboot into emunand without a dongle or a modchip. Does that sound right?

(PS: ya ya ya SX OS suxx go Atmo etc etc. When exosphere gets released then Atmosphere will be useful here)

blawar

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So let me try to wrap my head around this.

This is only useful atm for users on 3.0 and below. (Fortunately, my second Switch is on 3.0!). To make this useful, though, people should also use SX OS because of emunand, right? That way you can stay on the early version with sysnand and then reboot into emunand without a dongle or a modchip. Does that sound right?

(PS: ya ya ya SX OS suxx go Atmo etc etc. When exosphere gets released then Atmosphere will be useful here)

It is not useful to anyone, until there is 4.1 to 7.01 support for ipatched users. This is completely useless for people with unpatched switches currently.

ZachyCatGames

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It is not useful to anyone, until there is 4.1 to 7.01 support for ipatched users. This is completely useless for people with unpatched switches currently.
personally, I’d prefer using Deja Vu through the browser over Fusee. So it’s useful for some people.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    I can't help but think nintendo switch online is the reason we did not get a gameboy/n64/gamecube
    mini classic edition
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @salazarcosplay, i think it would have been impossible to see anything in a gameboy mini
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    well I meant that as a figure of speech
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    they could just rerelease a modern gameboy
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    like the pocket analogue
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    but nintendo licensed
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    dammit that thread got moved from offtopic to edge, well since that happened
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @LeoTCK, atleast it's still avaliable
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    yes but it wasn't meant to be a comedy thread
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    and edge of the forum is mostly comedy and games
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    so I don't get why it got moved at all
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @LeoTCK, mods are probably hating you
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    on most sites mods hated me, sooner or later, but usually over time I get either banned or the mods get used to me
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    sometimes to the point of thanking me for my quick actions etc against spam and other stuff, but yea...its either they come to respect me or outright hate me
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    If it's not game related, it will be moved to the Egde of the forum. Mods have moved a few of my threads also.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, it was in the off topic chat forum
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Well atleast they didn't delete it completely.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    hmm
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    uoiea
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    huh?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Aeiou backwards
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    ?tuw
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: ?tuw