Hacking RELEASE You know guys deja Vu is out?

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 41,338
  • Replies 168
  • Likes 8

kumikochan

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I never said that coldboot would never happen (if it sounded like I was, sorry), I just said it’s very unlikely, the only two possible ways of doing it are a sysmodule savegame exploit (which would be difficult as the Switch is pretty secure) and pk1ldrhax (which is practically impossible to take advantage of)
Well i read back actually and wasn't you that said it but somebody else. But if a lot of people quote it can get confusing who said what so that's why so sorry for that

Reactions: ZachyCatGames

kumikochan

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I thought it was 1.0 till 3.0?
No 1.0 is easier to achieve while up to 3.0.1 isn't that easy but theoretically possible
bJWzXnL.jpg

Last edited by kumikochan,

ZachyCatGames

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought it was 1.0 till 3.0?
Pretty much the only difference between 3.0 and 3.0.x is that 3.0.x doesn’t have smhax

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

No 1.0 is easier to achieve while up to 3.0.1 isn't that easy but theoretically possible
Use pk1ldrhax and get untethered coldboot upto 6.1.0 :smugpepe:

pworld

Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Wait what?
2^80 keys, so not feasible. Even if you'd assume each switch owner (about 30 million) would run their computer, which would be capable of solving 100 000 keys per second (actually I don't know the exact number for that algorithm, but the exact number isn't important), just to brute force the key, it would take 402 billion years to get the key.

I am not sure whether it would be feasible via significant investment + dedicated hardware, though. Someone who is more of an expert could maybe help here.

ZachyCatGames

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait what?
pk1ldrhax is attempting to bruteforce a keyblob that generates a package1 key that decrypts package1 to garbage that pk1ldr verifies as correct then hoping something interesting happens.

The bruteforce require would be around 2^80 and would probably go on until the heat death of the universe kek.

Also it was patched in 6.2 since Ninty ditched keyblobs

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm one of 10 people? wow

many people have kept their fuses intact for something just like this.
im still on 2.3.0 LOL
but not sure if it is worth it ,i think i would rather have an up to date sysnand that can go online instead

D

Deleted User

OP
Sadly it's useless for almost all switches out there... Like the 1.0.0 release. But hey.. At least they did release it for the 10 people that can use it.
Still nice to see the code and that it s done.. Even if it is way too late to the party.
What about 4.0.1 is it near releasing?

Answer: for the time being _NO_,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol