Hacking RELEASE You know guys deja Vu is out?

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 41,169
  • Replies 168
  • Likes 8
D

Deleted User

OP
Not to throw dirt at OP, however, while it's cool someone released a public deja vu implementation, the original author asked to not spread it around too much as there could be issues - in a way, it should still be considered unstable. That's why you don't see announcements or precompiled builds in the official repo just yet!

So hey, if anyone wants to play around with it at its own risk, this is for you. For everyone else, it may be better to wait until we're given the all clear :P

I also said it at GitHub page if you didn't read through it! it's mainly for devs and testers and not end users. I did the thread to just say that the deja Vu exploit is out but not for end user (for the time being). Also to bring hope maybe to those who lost hope about deja Vu ever being released (me included). :)

Last edited by ,
Reactions: loler55

snoofly

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So would this allow me to reboot to payload from OFW 1.0 if AutoRCM is enabled?
I'm still unclear what benefit these latest options (inc. nereba) give over dongles if you still need to trigger thru Pegaswitch.

D

Deleted User

OP
So would this allow me to reboot to payload from OFW 1.0 if AutoRCM is enabled?
I'm still unclear what benefit these latest options (inc. nereba) give over dongles if you still need to trigger thru Pegaswitch.

When atmosphere will pick support for deja Vu then yeah but no on downgraded firm's

You need a og switch with stock firm unhacked between 1.0.0 - 3.0.0 in short

Reactions: snoofly

RattletraPM

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I also said it at GitHub page if you didn't read through it! it's mainly for devs and testers and not end users. I did the thread to just say that the deja Vu exploit is out but not for end user (for the time being). Also to bring hope maybe to those who lost hope about deja Vu ever being released (me included). :)
Yup, I've read it, but I also wrote my message as a precautionary note to let users know the original author would prefer them to not draw too much attention to his work just yet. On one hand he knows that by making his repo public, people are going to share it around to an extent, so what you've done here shouldn't be a problem anyways. On the other hand, however, if anyone sees it, it would be better to not build too much hype around it for the moment :P

Garrincho

Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Yes it's slowly coming to shape! Now just wait for emunand and we're all set.

Now, why do people jump the gun on these unnoficial, untested releases? EVEN if it's an official release, you're better off giving it a few weeks to iron out the (unavoidable) issues and bugs that come the first time around.

M7L7NK7

Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
Australia

Just that, you don't need a way to enter RCM or have a dongle. It's all personal preference, using auto RCM and a payload is probably easier so you don't need to be near PC, but if a way to skip pegaswitch by using cached content is found then nereba for sure

D

Deleted User

OP
Yup, I've read it, but I also wrote my message as a precautionary note to let users know the original author would prefer them to not draw too much attention to his work just yet. On one hand he knows that by making his repo public, people are going to share it around to an extent, so what you've done here shouldn't be a problem anyways. On the other hand, however, if anyone sees it, it would be better to not build too much hype around it for the moment :P

You are correct and i agree with you. But again I said it's only for devs so not many people gonna install this at this very moment. And of course I respect the dev request but just saying I guess if not now somebody other than me will probably do a thread like this and compile the software. If you don't remember that was what happens with the of atmosphere. But people didn't used it and opted for reinx back in the day because back then atmosphere wasn't mature enough although it was available both compiled and not compiled. Again no offense but I just wanted to bring your attention to this detail. If people gonna use it I don't think so for the current moment but when atmosphere + kosmos will pick support for deja Vu then people will start do stuff. It might be right to just add a edit to the post like that "please don't use at the moment because of mature and stability"
And people will hopefully understand that this just for devs at the moment because thats why I have compiled it at the first place, just to mess around and try deja Vu.

kumikochan

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
jamais vu is a warmboot exploit exclusive to 1.0.0

*people have full access entirely through software on 1.0.0-7.0.1

doesn’t mean untethered coldboot will happen on any version. Best chance is if somebody somehow finds a sysmdoule savegame exploit on 3.0.1 or below
Yes it does. It has been stated a million times now.
https://m.imgur.com/bJWzXnL

Last edited by kumikochan,

ZachyCatGames

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes it does. It has been stated a million times now.
https://m.imgur.com/bJWzXnL
wat. how does that relate to your point in any way. edit: just because coldboot it’s theoretically possible on those firmwares does not mean that warmboot = coldboot

also the 3.0.x theoretical coldboot hax is the sysmodule savegame shit I mentioned (It’s very unlikely to ever happen)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

So what I gather from my very limited programming knowledge, they are splitting the emunand file, and/or maybe using a different partition for it?
It allows you to use a similar file splitting thing to the one Horizon uses to split emunands(s)
(treating files in a folder as a single file)

Last edited by ZachyCatGames,

kumikochan

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
wat. how does that relate to your point in any way. edit: just because coldboot it’s theoretically possible on those firmwares does not mean that warmboot = coldboot

also the 3.0.x theoretical coldboot hax is the sysmodule savegame shit I mentioned (It’s very unlikely to ever happen)

It allows you to use a similar file splitting thing to the one Horizon uses to split emunands(s)
(treating files in a folder as a single file)
Untethered coldboot is possible through the warmboot exploit jamais vu. Has been said countless of times in the past over and over again and works up to 3.0.1 or up to 4.x something but of that i'm not 100 percent sure anymore but def up to 3.0.1

ZachyCatGames

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Untethered coldboot is possible through the warmboot exploit jamais vu. Has been said countless of times in the past over and over again and works up to 3.0.1 or up to 4.x something but of that i'm not 100 percent sure anymore but def up to 3.0.1
theoretically possible. It’d require a sysmodule savegame exploit as I said earlier, non of which have been discovered yet and I wouldn’t be surprised if non ever get discovered.

And 2.0+ wouldn’t be using Jamais

Edit: And again, just because there’s a warmboot exploit doesn’t mean a coldboot exploit is possible

Last edited by ZachyCatGames,
Reactions: charlieb

kumikochan

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
jamais vu was fixed in 2.0
Not through jamais vu but a similar exploit chain and works up to 3.0.1. I'll post it again when i can find it through the 1000000000000 posts

theoretically possible. It’d require a sysmodule savegame exploit as I said earlier, non of which have been discovered yet and I wouldn’t be surprised if non ever get discovered.

And 2.0+ wouldn’t be using Jamais

Edit: And again, just because there’s a warmboot exploit doesn’t mean a coldboot exploit is possible
It is possible and will eventually happen. Doesn't matter when but you said 1.0 will never get that but 1.0 will def get that while 3.0.1 will get that in the far far future eventually

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Not through jamais vu but a similar exploit chain and works up to 3.0.1. I'll post it again when i can find it through the 1000000000000 posts

It is possible and will eventually happen. Doesn't matter when but you said 1.0 will never get that but 1.0 will def get that while 3.0.1 will get that in the far far future eventually
In theory if we get a savegame exploit we might get coldboot on latest fw

kumikochan

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
In theory if we get a savegame exploit we might get coldboot on latest fw
But i'm not talking about the latest. I was talking about firmware 1.0 because other users were saying coldboot wasn't happening soon wich i corrected them on because 1.0 will def get that. That has been said a lot of times already. 1.0 will get untethered coldboot while it is also technically possible but not at the moment up to 3.0.1 but 1.0 will get it

ZachyCatGames

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I never said that coldboot would never happen (if it sounded like I was, sorry), I just said it’s very unlikely, the only two possible ways of doing it are a sysmodule savegame exploit (which would be difficult as the Switch is pretty secure) and pk1ldrhax (which is practically impossible to take advantage of)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    straferz @ straferz: Anybody know why this is happening to my ACWW town...