You have to be 95 Years to get the Best Nintendo Support....

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Nintendo Comes To The Rescue After 95-Year-Old Grandmother's Game Boy Breaks

In the Asahi Shimbun, one of Japan’s largest newspapers,70-year-old Kuniko Tsusaka recounted how her mother always had a Game Boy nearby to play Tetris.
But when her mother turned 95 and her health started to suffer, her Game Boy stopped working.

This was her mother’s third Game Boy, and Tsusaka, who lives in Chiba, wasn’t able to find a store selling the handheld nor could she find any shop able to fix it.
Tsusaka’s son mentioned Nintendo’s excellent customer service. What followed proves just that.

This story was recounted on Twitter, where it has racked up over 197,000 likes and has been republished on popular sites like Nico Nico News. As Sora News points out, it first appeared in the February 21 print edition of the Asahi Shimbun.

When the grandson mentioned Nintendo’s excellent customer service, he said kami taiou (神対応), which literally means “god support” or, better yet, “divine interaction,” with kami (神) meaning “god” or “spirit.” It’s used to describe incredible service or corporate responses.

However, Tsusaka thought her son said the word kami (紙) meaning “paper,” so she wrote Nintendo a letter along with the busted Game Boy. Within a week, she got more than a paper response.

Nintendo didn’t have the spare parts to fix the Game Boy, so instead sent along a new Game Boy discovered in its warehouse along with a letter, wishing the grandmother a long life.

Tsusaka’s mother lived until she was 99 years old, in control of her mental facilities right up until the end and counting her blessings along the way. “Up in the sky, she’s thankful, I think,” Tsusaka added. No doubt playing Tetris, too.

Zense

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Haha the image of her playing Tetris up in the sky is funny. Also, maybe they were religious Japanese people because I don't know if most japanese people believe people go to the sky after they die?

In addition, a side note to the story is that (I believe that) in Japan any sort of tinkering with consoles, at least action replays, became illegal, so finding a place where they could repair the gameboy would probably be difficult. Still, I don't think it would have been impossible to breath new life into her old gameboy, but since a new one was an option then why not.

I just personally believe the best support would have been for her to get the best gameboy possible with those new screen replacements etc, but I can see some people seeing that as overkill. Of course, she did accept playing on a normal game boy for so long so she obviously didn't mind.

Reactions: Alexander1970

JuanMena

90's Kid, Old Skull Gamer & Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Some years ago... Nintendo sued the guy that distributed ilegal copies of New Super Mario Bros. The guy (australian) had to pay thousands of dollars.

Months later he got chosen by Nintendo as a loyal customer and he received a Ganondorf Statue from Nintendo.

Moral of the story is:
You either need to be old enough to be supported by Nintendo, or pay them thousands of dollars.

Last edited by JuanMena,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended