"You have no new alerts"

Discussion in 'Site Discussions & Suggestions' started by Quantumcat, Jun 14, 2018 at 8:30 AM.

1. Quantumcat
    OP

Quantumcat Dead and alive

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    It used to be that if you tapped the notification button when there were no new alerts, you'd see all your recent alerts. Now, there is just a message "you have no recent alerts". I think it would be better back the old way, because I use that menu to go back and look at recent threads. Now I would have to tap "show all" and wait for a whole new page to load. I did check the alert preferences page and didn't find anything about it there (however I did find the useful "mark alerts as read when viewing alerts page" and turned it off).
    EDA60280-4215-4CB6-9F57-A5F529D1FA55.png

Another suggestion: have a thread where every new change to the website (except things like security or behind the scenes/backend stuff that doesn't affect the user's experience and that you don't necessarily want people to know about) is communicated. The OP could have a list of new things that have been implemented (or planned to be implemented, if you want people's opinions before putting effort into coding), most recent at the top. If people have a comment about a particular change they can quote just that line (could make that a rule for commenting on that particular thread). That way things are more transparent and honest instead of it feeling like changes are being snuck in hoping people don't notice.

zoogie likes this.
  2. Dionicio3

Dionicio3 Skiddo

Feb 26, 2017
    United States
    Hollister, CA
    Ahh, white theme, it hurts

Anyways, it shows "no new alerts" for me after a couple of hours of not getting any alerts, before that, I can view them just fine

3. Costello

Costello Headmaster

Administrator
    Oct 24, 2002
    yeah there hasnt been any changes, you only see recent alerts, not all of them
    you can still click "show all" if you want to view more

4. Quantumcat
    OP

Quantumcat Dead and alive

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    Really? I've never seen that message before! Maybe I had always tapped it in a short enough time that it didn't appear?
    I guess that's what happens when you start a new job and you're trying to be well-behaved and not look at your phone too much....

Sorry all!

wicksand420 likes this.
  5. Ninn

Ninn GBAtemp Regular

Dec 1, 2006
    Mother of God:O ur post count and join date, you've been busy i see

6. Dionicio3

Dionicio3 Skiddo

Feb 26, 2017
    United States
    Hollister, CA
    I mean, she is one of the most helpful members in the 3DS community when it comes to helping out people

Quantumcat and wicksand420 like this.
  7. VinsCool

VinsCool Receditur a Veritate

GBAtemp Patron
    VinsCool is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jan 7, 2014
    Canada
    Another World
    I confirm this is perfectly normal.

Though since you're very active, you may have never noticed before. :P

Seriel and Quantumcat like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice