XP
Country
United States

Sizednochi

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Let him be - when gateway releases the files he'll find them and cry a river of salty tears because his theory was wrong all along.

Reactions: MattKimura

escherbach

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Just report this guy for trolling. He's obviously a PagaN/Thomas type of guy.

LOL - Compared to Gateway - I'm a troll am I?

IF they release "files" to enable all the world's Nintendo 3DS's to be downgraded to 4.5 sysnand then I will eat (a part of) my underpants.

D

Deleted-19228

No theory. It's been possible for awhile. There was the info released a few weeks (month?) ago or so that allowed you to cross flash your 3ds to another region.

Codename

GREEN BRO IS BEST BRO
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
How is GW going to release these "downgrade packs" without getting in trouble, the only thing they could possibly be is copies of official 4.5....
I don't think the downgrade packs are gonna actually downgrade the whole firmware. There was some thread a few weeks ago, where someone was able to get blocked DS flashcards working on EmuNAND by tricking the system into installing some older software parts, that didn't blacklist many flashcards. Gateway will probably do the same sort of thing: Trick the system into installing older software parts, that are used in firmware 4.x, to get Gateway working without the need to go to the exploit webpage every time (they'll pretty much downgrade the DS Profile mode stuff so that Gateway can be booted offline.) None of that is official obviously, but it's my guess. Plus, it's way easier on their servers for people to download a few older software parts than an entire copy of the 4.x firmware (which can be around 1 GB.)

Reactions: Margen67

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
LOL - Compared to Gateway - I'm a troll am I?

IF they release "files" to enable all the world's Nintendo 3DS's to be downgraded to 4.5 sysnand then I will eat (a part of) my underpants.
Stop being a derp. Gateway has released everything they've ever promised they would. Why the hell would you bet against them with that existing track record?

Reactions: Margen67

orochi115

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
If the feature is there why haven't they released the assets?
- The feature isn't tested enough. If this is the case, probably you have to upgrade the launcher when the files are up there. Most possible trouble comes from the code instead of the files. We know the assets are mostly coming from some NUS files.
- If you can downgrade without GW Red card, it'll be very easy for other flashcarts to make use of this to revive their carts. If this is the case, you have to upgrade the launcher when the feature is enabled.

However, I believe Gateway has already done this feature inside their lab. Just some polish work or protections left.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :rofl2: