Hacking You can do *that thing* with PSP games on retail vita's

jimmyleen

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
This is how it can be done (you can also replace the PS3 with your PC).

The whole process for installing and running PSP games makes no since.

1.) Why is it that when installing and or running homebrew or dev apps on a retail vita the device automatically creates a .rif license without having anything to do anything with the psn?

2.) And by the way we don't need to pre-own homebrew or dev apps in order for the vita to create .rif files.

3.) But all of a sudden when we want PSP games to work we need to pre-own the games? And the games or the PSP .rif files need to be attached to our accounts? I call bull ****!!!!

In other words NOTHING needs to be pre-owned and NOTHING needs to be attached to your account in order to do things with PSP games. In order to run PSP games the OS checks to see if the .rif file is installed, without that file you can't do jack ****. Your PSN account has nothing to do with PSP games and or the .rif files.

EDIT: Since the homebrew and dev apps are .vpk, they might come pre packaged with the .rif files.

My account on wololo is fake me

Last edited by jimmyleen,

Zm1231

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you notice you can grab any pkg file from sony and install it and yes it does make a rif file but if you notice it is 0kb its empty the rif file does need the act.dat file as the .rif looks at that to determine if you can launch the game a rif file contains some info on the game, you account info, game expiration time if the account info in the rif doesn't match what is contained in the act.dat file which is created when you active your system it will not allow your game to launch

jimmyleen

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
If you notice you can grab any pkg file from sony and install it and yes it does make a rif file but if you notice it is 0kb its empty the rif file does need the act.dat file as the .rif looks at that to determine if you can launch the game a rif file contains some info on the game, you account info, game expiration time if the account info in the rif doesn't match what is contained in the act.dat file which is created when you active your system it will not allow your game to launch

Seeing how that's the case I think the proper thing to do is figure out how to bypass acc.dat or figure out something else.

Dvdxploitr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
its not exactly piracy if you still have to own the game....which seems to be the case according to that thread on wololo....its basically just "white listing" kinda like the PlayStation TV

ErniShinny

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well not to sound as one of those pegleg people, but I think it would be better to develop a .rif editor to match the PSN account (act.dat). I have a lot of imports from Japan (MHP3rd, P3P, The 3rd Birthday) and there is no way I will pay twice for them. All I really need is that second stick to enjoy these games fully. Ahh a man can dream!

Dark Ronin

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Another stupid thread it seems.
You have completely wrong point on how licensing works for psvita.
Someone already banged up your conclusions over at wololo, yet you thought your "sensational findings" deserved to get a thread for it, Hah.

Reactions: Tony_93 and MDashK

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +1
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped... +1