Hacking Yoshi's Woolly World Euro Meta files?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
There are different methods to get the app.xml and cos.xml without downloading or extracting ALL the game.

Wud:
If you are downloading the game from multi-rar files, don't download ALL the rars.
get only the first one (.rar, not .r01), extract it. it should be a 400Mb wud.
use DiscU on that incomplete file. It will crash, but you'll get the xml ;) (and the ticket for the full NUS version)

if you have the full wud, cut it in multi parts with a cutting tool (7zip can do it I think) to get only a small wud file.

Ps : can't VGMToolBox browse the files without extracting the full wud?

NUS:
download the tmd
look at the tmd structure and get the 3 first files from the "content record" (it's the list of files used by that title version).
or if you already have the full downloaded NUS games, keep only the first 3 files in a new folder.
300322-tmd_structure_code_xml.jpg

get the tmd, cert and tik, then decrypt using Cdecrypt.
300324-tmd_structure_code_xml_result.jpg
only the code and the 2 xml are extracted.

Edit:
I've attached my wii/wiiU tmd structure file for HexWorkshop.

(some keyword for the search engine: workshop, layout, structures, wii_tmd, wiiu_tmd, .hsl, ticket, .hbk)

Attachments

• Wii_TMD.zip
    1 KB · Views: 589

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
There are different methods to get the app.xml and cos.xml without downloading or extracting ALL the game.

Wud :
If you are downloading the game from multi-rar files, don't download ALL the rars.
get only the first one (.rar, not .r01), extract it. it should be a 400Mb wud.
use DiscU on that incomplete file. It will crash, but you'll get the xml ;) (and the ticket for the full NUS version)

NUS:
download the tmd
look at the tmd structure and get the 3 first files from the "content record" (it's the list of files used by that title version).
(or if you already have the full downloaded NUS games, keep only the first 3 files in a new folder, see the second spoiler)
300322-tmd_structure_code_xml.jpg
get the tmd, cert and tik, then decrypt using Cdecrypt.
300324-tmd_structure_code_xml_result.jpg
only the code and the 2 xml are extracted.
Yeah good stuff, that's quite handy thanks! I actually have all my games sorted now so its not a problem, it was a bit of a palava m8 but I have noticed in the run that e-shop titles like Little Inferno or Fast Racing Neo don't come with Meta folders so how will that work with the up and coming Loadiine GX2?

also is it like this with the folders> Yoshi’s Woolly World<SPACE BETWEEN OR NOT SPACE BETWEEN>[AYCP01]

Last edited by Reecey,

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
get the TitleID from gametdb.
if you really want the xml for loadiine compatibility (and not to get the titleID), then you need to run Loadiine_XML_dumper homebrew with that original game to read the values.
You can also try an existing xml values from other games. lot of games share the same memory values.

Reecey

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
get the TitleID from gametdb.
if you really want the xml for loadiine compatibility (and not to get the titleID), then you need to run Loadiine_XML_dumper homebrew with that original game to read the values.
You can also try an existing xml values from other games. lot of games share the same memory values.
OK thanks, just this bit I'm a bit confused with>also is it like this with the folders> Yoshi’s Woolly World<SPACE BETWEEN OR NOT SPACE BETWEEN>[AYCP01]

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
doesn't matter, as long as the 8th character from the end is a [

but it looks better with a space, and it's easier to parse with tools I suppose. (in case a tool use the word detection, better have a space after the last word)

Reecey

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
doesn't matter, as long as the 8th character from the end is a [

but it looks better with a space, and it's easier to parse with tools I suppose. (in case a tool use the word detection, better have a space after the last word)
Sounds good so just a quickie and I will let you go lol. What happens about N64, NES, SNES titles etc..?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
the same on every folder?

Well, you can create an inexistant ID for loadiine to work (it will read the game, but with no icons or cover, as none will match the ID you created on gametdb).
for example, if loadiine is not working with ID4, just adds 2 characters [JBBE00], but it will not find the covers on gametdb as that ID doesn't exists.
But that's just counter productive, there's no need to create wrong ID, when loadiine can be coded to read the real ID4 correctly too.

you can use the correct ID for the VC.
JBBE is the ID for Earthbound USA.
J = Snes
BB = earthbound ID
E = USA
P = EUR
J = JPN

wiiu\games\Earthbound [JBBE]\code\
wiiu\games\Yoshi's new island [DAEP]\

Reecey

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
the same on every folder?

Well, you can create an inexistant ID for loadiine to work (it will read the game, but with no icons or cover, as none will match the ID you created on gametdb).
for example, if loadiine is not working with ID4, just adds 2 characters [JBBE00], but it will not find the covers on gametdb as that ID doesn't exists.
But that's just counter productive, there's no need to create wrong ID, when loadiine can be coded to read the real ID4 correctly too.

you can use the correct ID for the VC.
JBBE is the ID for Earthbound USA.
J = Snes
BB = earthbound ID
E = USA
P = EUR
J = JPN

wiiu\games\Earthbound [JBBE]\code\
That's good news so GX2 can work to code it itself for the covers without the need of an ID? sounds clever stuff.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I didn't understand.

Loadiine GX2 will NEED the titleID in the folder name to work, and that ID will be used to load the correct cover/picture from gameTdb.com
if you don't add the titleID in the folder, it will not work.
if you add a wrong one, loadiine will work, but without cover.

Reecey

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Cyan said:
I didn't understood.

Loadiine GX2 will NEED the titleID in the folder name to work, and that ID will be used to load the correct cover/picture from gameTdb.com
if you don't add the titleID in the folder, it will not work.
if you add a wrong one, loadiine will work, but without cover.
I got confused with this bit> But that's just counter productive, there's no need to create wrong ID, when loadiine can be coded to read the real ID4 correctly too.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
what I meant is :
You can create fakeID to get them 6 character long to make loadiine detect the game and display it in the GUI. As a result you will be able to launch the game from loadiine, but you will NOT have the covers at all. that's not a good way to make the game compatible with loadiine (this is what I called counter productive, because users do things in hacky way to add games which are not supported)

while loadiine could just add the ID4 (along with ID6) to the folder's name to make ALL the VC game compatible and with covers.

let the user manually rename hundreds of folders with bad ID and no covers <- vs -> properly code it in loadiine once and for all ?

Reactions: Pachee

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Black_Manta_8bit @ Black_Manta_8bit: hey