BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
OP
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just (after 6 years) finished yoshis island. i found every red coin, flower and star. thats 6000 points total. BOO YA!

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
OP
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you mean the jungle one with the monkeys and minimal platforage(that was the very last one i beat) or the GO GO Morphing one? They were both pains.

Digeman

Trophies
XP
Country
Damn a 100% completion...I didn't even finish that game
laugh.gif
Anyways good for you I suppose
nyanya.gif

Oh and one question, did it take long time and was it worth it? xD I mean did you feel some kind of..i dunno...gratifying sensation or whatever it's called
tongue.gif
(really wondering since i haven't even been near completing a single game at 100%)

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
OP
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it took a long time. i dont know how many hours i sunk into it. im talking this was my child hood favorite. id say over a hundred.
umm... it feels really good to put the game like that down and be free with the feeling of victory.

DespizingU

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I'm playing this on my SNES right now. I'm almost done with the game(I think), then I'm going to go back through and get every coin, flower, etc.

Then just maybe, I'll do it again on the GBA. I've been waiting to play the DS Yoshi's until I get down with the SNES game.

VBKirby

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Oh. You mean the GBA version? I've never played that. I thought you meant the SNES version. I didn't notice this topic was in the GBA discussion, since I just got to this thread via front page.

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
So does that mean you're going to 100% Yoshis Island DS now?
wink.gif
I'll add another vote to Yoshi's Island being on of the greatest 2d platformers ever!

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
OP
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i might. the Yoshi's island ds just doesnt have the same feel, but i already have the first 4 worlds at 100 points. i havent done any of the extra or secret levels yet.

dexmix

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So does that mean you're going to 100% Yoshis Island DS now?
wink.gif
 I'll add another vote to Yoshi's Island being on of the greatest 2d platformers ever!

absolutely. i also like the gba version better than the SNES and DS versions. The sounds, and menu interface etc, make a much more polished game on the gba. the 2 screen updates for DS are clever, but not enough to get me to play that version instead.

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
I've not played the GBA one as I thought it was just a direct port of the SNES one which I own anyway. If it's got updated content I'll have to give it a play later.

The DS version was pretty good, althoug Yoshi feels a bit light compared to the SNES one but still very responsive. I was really happy they kept the same control method, I got a bit worried at first that they would touch screen gimmick the controls somehow.

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
You sir, are insane
biggrin.gif
In a good way. It's a difficult game, collecting everything must've been a nightmare but an awesome sense of achievement after doing it I'll bet. It is a brilliant game, I keep coming back to it despite being stuck.

amptor

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I just (after 6 years) finished yoshis island. i found every red coin, flower and star. thats 6000 points total. BOO YA!

I have an M3 real, select cheat option on. boom, all coins, all flowers, all stars.

j/k I don't play like that..I rather find everything myself
smile.gif
good job, 6 years? hmm hopefully that's saved on a snes cartridge
smile.gif

I found every item in Metal Slug Advance. That game is super fun. Try it out.

dexmix

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've not played the GBA one as I thought it was just a direct port of the SNES one which I own anyway. If it's got updated content I'll have to give it a play later.

The DS version was pretty good, althoug Yoshi feels a bit light compared to the SNES one but still very responsive. I was really happy they kept the same control method, I got a bit worried at first that they would touch screen gimmick the controls somehow.

it's definitely worth checking out, despite the levels being identical.

VBKirby

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Oh. You mean the GBA version? I've never played that. I thought you meant the SNES version. I didn't notice this topic was in the GBA discussion, since I just got to this thread via front page.

They are the same game.

I know they are the same game, but I seem to remember someone saying the GBA version has more extra levels than the SNES version. Thus it would be a different accomplishment to get everything.

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
OP
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You sir, are insane
biggrin.gif
In a good way. It's a difficult game, collecting everything must've been a nightmare but an awesome sense of achievement after doing it I'll bet. It is a brilliant game, I keep coming back to it despite being stuck.

the sense of achievement is a wounderful feeling. all 6000 points. and i dont even live in japan!
where are you stuck? maybe i can help.

ps i like the title of insane. its better on the other side.

DespizingU

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
absolutely. i also like the gba version better than the SNES and DS versions. The sounds, and menu interface etc, make a much more polished game on the gba. the 2 screen updates for DS are clever, but not enough to get me to play that version instead.

Now you really got me wanting to start the GBA version. I didn't know there were extra or secret levels.

Now to decide whether to play it on the micro or sp.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Had a ton of bugs and often crashed. It even didn't support DOS compatibility with older games. :feelsbadman:
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I only grew up with Windows XP because I was lucky.
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    I downloaded XP on dialup when it came out. Overnights for like a week. cuz I couldn't tie up the phone line during the day. It was so awesome and worked so great going from ME to XP.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Vga pins were a dick
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I kind of want down a large pizza at 10am then crash out
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Having pizza all day? done it
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah pizza hut open at 10:30
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    just buy a stack of pizza and keep the rest you don't need yet frozen
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Or buy frozen pizza
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I buy the regular kind, not the frozen stuff
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    supermarket pizza is ass
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    x65 would just yell at me
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sounds ok, he didn't pull a gun out ,so...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    $12 large any style pizza deal
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Each bite is a $1 well spent
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, Agreed. I hate oven pizza, only from pizza place.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah I can still go for totinos
    i like totinos party pizzas. lol.
    the cracker-like crust is great on those
    My neighbor and I are going to make this next month....
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Tiger crust is great.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm beefing with a neighbor currently each time I ask him for help with something he makes bs excuses then ignores my calls text but seems to randomly speak when I'm done with the project after doing things to help him
    DiGiorno Crispy Pan Pizza tasted pretty dang close to Pizza hut pan pizza, but Im not sure if theyve been discontinued or not. Havent seen them locally for a couple of months now.
    The croissant crust is still available though, but not quite as good imo.
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: The croissant crust is still available though, but not quite as good imo.