ROM Hack Yoshi's Island DS - Music Mod

Missing Number

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi peoples of the .... umm... board... i got a Q..

My girlfriend is madly addicted to mario, and i've recently hooked her up with Super Mario All-Stars, and Yoshi's Island, but she also gots a DS (well... its mine... but...), and i wanted to get her Yoshi's Island DS to play after she finishes its predecessor

only problem is.... i never beat that game....cuz.... THE MUSIC SUCKS!!!!!!!

try as i may, i could not play the game longer then 5 minutes, sometimes turning off mid-stage, so i got a question..... can ANYONE help me kill the music in this game? i know u gotta DSLazy it or something, but the files that contain the music..... which are they? and what do i gotta do to replace them with Yoshi's Island (1)'s music? do the files have to be a certain filetype, a certain size?

i know if i give her this game, she'll either :
-hate me (cuz the music sucks),
-hate the game (cuz the music sucks)
or worst case scenario....
-love the god awful music and play it constantly where i can hear it!!!!! (cuz the music SUUUCKSSSSSS!!!)

can anyone direct me in this endeavor?

or did someone already do this? if so, can i get the link?

yaynds.gif

thedicemaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
sounds are generally stored in a .sdat file.
but you can't just replace it with a random sdat from a different game, since the music in other games have different filesizes and durations.

cris92x

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how about u just lower the sound? i dink thats why it was invented; better yet, give her some headphones while she plays

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Have a look for the tetris DS sound threads as they are what you want to be doing (I made one to change the music to kalinka/karinka/korobenki (various names depending on who you speak to/where you look but think the classic tetris theme and another person whose name eludes me right now made one to kill the sound completely)

edit: here is my thread but I seem to recall the no music one had a lot more detail.
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=36870

Failing that have a look at some of the undubbing threads and links within them as they will eventually land you at the DS SDAT sound format specs:
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=87695
You most likely just want to adjust the file system to play something more agreeable or to a nonexistent space.

Missing Number

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks, now i gotta figure out how to do this before she is done with Yoshi's Island LOL

now if i had any idea how to do this and turn it into an IPS or somethin, i'd share it with everyone.....

anyone got a clue about IPS'n? lol

TSPhoenix

Trophies
XP
Country
Since you are moving data around and changing files IPS isn't the best way to patch it. There is another patching system but I forget what it is called, PPF?

As for sharing it, depends on what you are replacing the music with as to whether you are allowed to or not. But yeah I agree YIDS's music is intolerable.

toymin80r

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
woah, i know this is old, but did anybody ever release a music hack for Yoshi's Island DS? I've looked around but had no luck.. (i just started playing the game and the music's just missing it's charm..)

toymin80r

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sorry man, it's just that people usually say "use the search function", so i thought it would be useless to make another topic...

9th_Sage

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Missing Number said:
I want the sound, not the music, lol

The World Ends With You has some mods, why not this? there has to be a converting process no?
Also...this is old, but I must note that The World Ends with You is a different beast. It uses streamed audio, so all the songs are ADX files. If you look at them and know what format the game expects, it isn't that hard to make an ADX with some loop points that sounds nice.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: lol, Okies. Family graveyard is that way 👉