prowler

Sony
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
QUOTE said:
I was browsing on the almighty GEN forums when I came across this post from Yoshihiro:

sn2pzp.jpg

So what does this mean?
-As of now, any game that comes out which uses a new encryption key or method will not work on any firmware available now.

The scene was already dying, with Team GEN holding the bit of what's left together, giving the users the ability of using homebrew on top of being able to play your legit games which uses Sony's current encryption method on firmware lower than 6.20.

But, thanks to lamers ripping from their work, it seems that the last person that has the ability to give what many wanted, is throwing in the towel.

Don't say I never told you so. Looks like my sig about M33 fanboys need a change now....

Let the crying begin!

[Source: PSPGEN International Forum]

You got what you wanted M33 fans.

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
Something tells me he's taking the piss. Just look at his typing, if he's a legit hacker making a serious post and not trolling I think he'd have the decency to use proper punctuation, capitalisation and spelling. Fair enough if he uses txt speak style stuff normally but if he's making a serious announcement it looks really bad.

Also note the thread that's been posted in "WIP:5.00 M33-8" basically people ripping off his work to make a new revision of 5.00 M33 without his permission IN HIS TEAM'S FORUMS!!! He's probably just trying to scare them.

prowler

Sony
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Jamstruth said:
Something tells me he's taking the piss. Just look at his typing, if he's a legit hacker making a serious post and not trolling I think he'd have the decency to use proper punctuation, capitalisation and spelling. Fair enough if he uses txt speak style stuff normally but if he's making a serious announcement it looks really bad.

Its done by Google Translator.
We all know how crappy that is.

Jamstruth

Trophies
XP
Country
deanxxczx said:
Jamstruth said:

Its done by Google Translator.
We all know how crappy that is.

It gives better translations than that!! It wouldn't replace "Au revoir" with "by" or put a random "z" in. If it was done by google translator he doctored it to look that stupid. I remain adamant that it is not serious. Or maybe that's just because I only just got my PSP and don't want the scene to die before I got a bigger memory card.

ZeWarrior

TheWarrior
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Fake. Google translates with perfect spelling, and at least legible grammar. This post is 100% Fake IMO. Unless someone can link me to the original post, by PM or some other way.

prowler

Sony
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
ZeWarrior said:
Fake. Google translates with perfect spelling, and at least legible grammar. This post is 100% Fake IMO. Unless someone can link me to the original post, by PM or some other way.

I PM'd you the source
PM'd you too Jam.

prowler

Sony
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
I see it wasn't Google translate.
It wasn't all that discussed while the topic was still un-locked.
Just have to see how it goes

prowler

Sony
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
justinefremlouw said:
lol it's funny how none of you guys refused to see the truth. He just got sick of you whiners who won't stop bugging him....

I don't see how that is.
I'm all for GEN.
Obvious troll is obvious

Jamstruth

Trophies
XP
Country
Again I say that this post was most likely made in jest.

If he was going to quit there would be a news post on ALL MAJOR PSP HACKING WEBSITES and if he was to write it in English he WOULD NOT type it in sub-standard txt speak.

ZeWarrior

TheWarrior
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
deanxxczx said:
ZeWarrior said:

I PM'd you the source
PM'd you too Jam.

And this Yoshihiro guy was the one who started the GEN CFW? Why isn't he at least an Admin or a Moderator on the GEN forums then?

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
No...HelldashX/Miriam was the brains behind GEN. (though technically that would be Dark Alex)

dgwillia

The Bacon Lover
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got a feeling he posted that to either....
A. Get those "OMFG Gen sucks" noobs off his back
B. Take a nice little break without people asking when the new CFW is coming
C. Get those "OMFG Gen sucks" noobs to realize how much they actually need GEN (Hopefully right after KH:BBS comes), and start begging for him to come back.

Either way, i expected this to happen sooner or later =/, nows the time im glad to own a CFW PSP and a OFW PSP Go.

quepaso

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dont think it even matters anymore. PSP Scene is dead as a doornail. I use my PSP as a portable neogeo and it works perfectly for that.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
How old is he.....6 years or something? DAX had to contend with people begging, insulting, demanding stuff etc. for far longer and he actually made massive leaps in his releases. Not only that but he helped other people with things and encouraged homebrew and posted on forums. What does it say about the "saviours" of the PSP scene if they throw out their toys because some people prefer another firmware over theirs?

fkw12

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
As long as the guy aint dead or in Jail, he can always change his mind. Nothin will be definite. Maybe he needs time to cool off?
I for one though, didn't like GEN very much. But I ain't a m33 fanboy either.

As long as there are people in the scene, CFW will continue. I mean come on guys, it don't have to be GEN xD

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    They're made with left over pancake/wafle batter, that's been sitting out all day.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    3 hours on a riding lawn mower, my butt is numb and my whole body is still vibrating. Gonna be a long summer. :cry: I just need to buy some goats.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, Did you leave your buttplug in?
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I feel like I spent the night with Ancientboi
    +3
  • Flame @ Flame:
    Ancientboi at it again.
    +2
  • Flame @ Flame:
    is it a bird is it a plane... no its Ancientboi banging your ass away !
    +3
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Took along time to fit it in?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Snow days $25 on steam may grab it
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Measuring sizes with AncientBoi, I see.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I guess Ancientboi would be Peter
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Loooooool :rofl2:
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    So true
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @K3Nv2 Snow Day is pretty fun. My only bitch would be the camera controls, when you move around, say down, you have to move the right stick left or right to get camera to turn and get your view, other than that I like it so far.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    From what people say pvp isn't even worth it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just been playing offline, and they give you a few bots here n there on your team to help battle. I don't think it's as funny as the other games tho, more battle oriented than humor, which kinda sucks, but I'm still early in it
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, doesnt the game have a campaign mode?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea, and co-op, but you can also start a pvp session and battle just with friends. You get special skill cards (powers) the more you play. And higher value cards, but you can only enable so many cards at a time.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If you can find enough for it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Toilet paper is considered the money, you collect and buy stuff with TP, kinda funny. Graphics are def better than the other games tho, I think they used Unity 5 engine.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Look if I zoom in enough I can see the herpes!!!
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    In fact I'm gonna go make a drink, roll a fatty n play some, good night to all!
    +2
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: +1