York University doesn't have DC++ does it?

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by silverbullet1080, Jul 1, 2009.

1. silverbullet1080
    OP

Member silverbullet1080 GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    If it doesn't I'm gonna lose my shit. I'm gonna have to live at that place next year, not to mention York is one of the biggest schools with 50k people there...

2. Anakir

Member Anakir Project: Melee

Canada
    da_head goes to schulich at York. You can pm.. or just call York.

3. Psyfira

Member Psyfira Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue

United Kingdom
    Phoning York is probably not the best move... [​IMG]

4. da_head

Member da_head A dying dream..

Canada
    hai~

to my knowledge, nop york doesn't have dc++ (though then again i don't live at dorm, so i may not be right). yeah our internet isn't the best, but its a lot better then most universities *cough* western. though i was busted for using bittorrent, so unless u use some of that portal hiding shit, no torrents for you.

5. silverbullet1080
    OP

Member silverbullet1080 GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    Yeah, so was I LOL. That sucks, at least with me being away from home, it'll free up bandwidth allowing me to do my downloads on the weekend.

6. DSGamer64

Member DSGamer64 Canadian, Eh?

Canada
    Most schools have programs to block torrents and P2P downloading, I forget what Mohawk college had though, but it was really bad as it strangled the dorm internet speed, downloads were fine but loading pages took forever, I swear it was like dial up trying to browse teh internetz. An alternative is to get yourself a decent cable connection as I know some residences allow students to get their own personal internet if they can afford it, I wound up getting Mountain Cable (which sucks btw) since I was living in Hamilton and it was cheap.