Yooka-Laylee Gamescom trailer

Platonic Games' spiritual successor to the N64 era platforming series, Banjo-Kazooie, has gotten a trailer at Gamescom 2016. Yooka-Laylee will be releasing on PC/Wii U/Xbox One/PS4 sometime in 2017.

The latest look at Yooka-Laylee, the next 3D platformer from key creative talent behind Banjo-Kazooie and Donkey Kong Country!

:arrow: Official Site

4gionz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just read the website and it said there is gonna be a co-op mode!! it's the devil bottles mode removed from banjo tooie:) yay lol I can't believe how exited I am for this game. Banjo kazooie/tooie and 3d "collectathon" platformers with puzzles and worlds and bosses is my type of game. I'm hyped

Sliter

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
awesome XD I've never finsihed banjo-tooie (I don't played much -kazooie) because not knowing english was a barrier that time XD but I liked a lot haha
Looking nice , big hopes?

Reactions: Chary

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
I must admit I haven't even played the Banjo games yet (but Donkey Kong 64). Good trailer.
never played a Banjo game before.... wow, where have you been all these years! You have missed out big time, you must go and play them now and that is an order :teach:

Apart from that why does Yooka have to fart in the water to make a bubble around them both, I realize its to make oxygen for them but is that not a little bit silly nowadays or am I still missing the farting jokes? Nevertheless I'm looking forward to testing that one out.

Last edited by Reecey,

gbaboy123

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you know my opinion on this is that shigeru miyamoto himself said that the reason why the newer mario games are know instead of open world 3d platformers like mario sunshine and banjo kazooie are linear 3d platformers that you play from point a to point b is because players in an open world environment in a 3d platformer tend to get bored just searching what to do in those giant worlds, but then i think of conker which was kind of an open world game but it was well design and players liked it. so it all depends how the game is design. i personally found the toybox boring but i understand that it was only to fool around with the controls but i hope it turns out good. (then i remembered this are the nut heads who created bk nuts and bolts)

UltraDolphinRevolution

Trophies
XP
Country
China
He really said it?
I like Sunshine, but I do prefer linear style J&R gameplay like "bonus" passages in Sunshine (or Galaxy1&2 in general). But nowadays there's almost no open 3D J&R. Last one I can think of is Epic Mickey 2 (but the J&R elements didn't feel good enough in my opinion).

gbaboy123

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
He really said it?
I like Sunshine, but I do prefer linear style J&R gameplay like "bonus" passages in Sunshine (or Galaxy1&2 in general). But nowadays there's almost no open 3D J&R. Last one I can think of is Epic Mickey 2 (but the J&R elements didn't feel good enough in my opinion).
yeah that's why Mario galaxy, Mario 3d land and Mario 3d world are linear you just have to go the flag pole or get the star, I think is better that way but am waiting to see what playtonic games makes

Xuman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I pray that the NX is cartridge based. I need dat perfect n64 feel.

Also im calling it now, sequel is called Tooka-Laylee

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

never played a Banjo game before.... wow, where have you been all these years! You have missed out big time, you must go and play them now and that is an order :teach:

Apart from that why does Yooka have to fart in the water to make a bubble around them both, I realize its to make oxygen for them but is that not a little bit silly nowadays or am I still missing the farting jokes? Nevertheless I'm looking forward to testing that one out.

1. Fart Jokes are timeless

2. Cuz its rare. The good rare. (look at conkers bad fur day)

Reactions: Raylight

Kolyasisan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Oh, and It's also made with Unity. Now even more reasons to buy it since I am a studying vg developer/programmer and it's my favourite engine.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
shigeru miyamoto himself said that the reason why the newer mario games are know instead of open world 3d platformers like mario sunshine and banjo kazooie are linear 3d platformers that you play from point a to point b is because players in an open world environment in a 3d platformer tend to get bored just searching what to do in those giant worlds
his wrong (yet again) those peeps are just either too lazy or too dumb to figure it out.

MaskedMarvel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

No, I'm afraid fart jokes are still hilarious

gbaboy123

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
his wrong (yet again) those peeps are just either too lazy or too dumb to figure it out.
who is wrong me or shigeru

Nintendo went back to the drawing board. After the realization that exploration was turning away 2D Mario fans from playing 3D Mario, they switched to more linear level design with “Super Mario Galaxy”. To create a game where players wouldn’t feel lost running around a 3D plain, many of the worlds would be designed around the concept of running around spheres or linear obstacle courses.

https://dromble.wordpress.com/2013/09/21/nintendos-frustrations-with-3d-mario/

Last edited by gbaboy123,

Futurdreamz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
who is wrong me or shigeru

Nintendo went back to the drawing board. After the realization that exploration was turning away 2D Mario fans from playing 3D Mario, they switched to more linear level design with “Super Mario Galaxy”. To create a game where players wouldn’t feel lost running around a 3D plain, many of the worlds would be designed around the concept of running around spheres or linear obstacle courses.

https://dromble.wordpress.com/2013/09/21/nintendos-frustrations-with-3d-mario/
To be fair, Sunshine was a little confusing. I had to actually check IGN guides to realize that I had to get to level 7 in all main worlds to unlock Corona Mountain. I would never have figured that out on my own, as there's no indication of what you need to do to progress ( the intro kept on hinting Noki Bay even after I got the Mario Chase level finished). Mario 64 at least showed you how many stars you needed to unlock each door.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's mostly the ones that are just pictures and no instructions at all