Hacking Yooka-Laylee and the Impossible Lair - Atmosphere 14.4

mrdude

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Using latest Firmware in emunand (10.2.0), in SXOS - Yooka-Laylee and the Impossible Lair is working fine with no issues, so no data/game corruption. When switching to Atmosphere 14.4 - this game fails to launch and gives an error - (other games and homebrew are working fine). Is anyone else having issues with this game on the latest Atmosphere NX?

Reactions: peteruk

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Using latest Firmware in emunand (10.2.0), in SXOS - Yooka-Laylee and the Impossible Lair is working fine with no issues, so no data/game corruption. When switching to Atmosphere 14.4 - this game fails to launch and gives an error - (other games and homebrew are working fine). Is anyone else having issues with this game on the latest Atmosphere NX?
A lot of the time, games installed with SX OS don't run on atmosphere. I don't remember the details of why, or if it's only when the installer built in to SX OS's album was used (notoriously broken installer). Anyway just reinstall the game (try Awoo installer, it's solid).

Reactions: mrdude

mrdude

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Ok thanks for letting me know. It's weird though as all my other games work just fine. If I install a NSP with SXOS it works fine in Atmos, however if you install XCI with SXOS it doesn't work in Atmos - maybe I installed a XCI (I can't remember).

jajamundo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok thanks for letting me know. It's weird though as all my other games work just fine. If I install a NSP with SXOS it works fine in Atmos, however if you install XCI with SXOS it doesn't work in Atmos - maybe I installed a XCI (I can't remember).

The problem is because atmoshphere can't run XCI. If you installed a XCI game it never gonna works on Athmosphere

The installer is not broken, is just because Athmosphere doenst play XCI files

Just install again the game as a NSP and it gonna work fine in both CFW

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The problem is because atmoshphere can't run XCI. If you installed a XCI game it never gonna works on Athmosphere

That's not entirely true. You can install .XCI files with Atmosphere just fine. I and many members have installed plenty of .XCI files with other title installers without issues. The real issue here is the installer with SX OS applies an additional patch that only SX OS makes use of.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway

Installing a XCI converts it on the fly to NSP. Installing a XCI is completely different from mounting it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night