1. mrdude

OP mrdude GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Using latest Firmware in emunand (10.2.0), in SXOS - Yooka-Laylee and the Impossible Lair is working fine with no issues, so no data/game corruption. When switching to Atmosphere 14.4 - this game fails to launch and gives an error - (other games and homebrew are working fine). Is anyone else having issues with this game on the latest Atmosphere NX?

peteruk likes this.
  2. hippy dave

hippy dave BBMB

United Kingdom
    A lot of the time, games installed with SX OS don't run on atmosphere. I don't remember the details of why, or if it's only when the installer built in to SX OS's album was used (notoriously broken installer). Anyway just reinstall the game (try Awoo installer, it's solid).

mrdude likes this.
  3. mrdude

OP mrdude GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Ok thanks for letting me know. It's weird though as all my other games work just fine. If I install a NSP with SXOS it works fine in Atmos, however if you install XCI with SXOS it doesn't work in Atmos - maybe I installed a XCI (I can't remember).

4. jajamundo

jajamundo GBAtemp Regular

United States
    The problem is because atmoshphere can't run XCI. If you installed a XCI game it never gonna works on Athmosphere

The installer is not broken, is just because Athmosphere doenst play XCI files

Just install again the game as a NSP and it gonna work fine in both CFW

5. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

United States
    That's not entirely true. You can install .XCI files with Atmosphere just fine. I and many members have installed plenty of .XCI files with other title installers without issues. The real issue here is the installer with SX OS applies an additional patch that only SX OS makes use of.

6. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

Norway
    Installing a XCI converts it on the fly to NSP. Installing a XCI is completely different from mounting it.

_Roxas_ki and Draxzelex like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Impossible, Atmosphere, Laylee