Yo.

arus2001

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Evening, morning, or whatever greeting suits your time of day. Had a friend refer this site to me, so figured I'd give it a peek.

So, there's a strong possibility I'll be getting a DS for Christmas. I've been vaguely aware of flash carts and such, but personally have never seen one. So, as you could probably expect, I'm a bit stumped on what's good, what isn't, and what's the best value for my admittedly limited dollar.

Friend that linked me here said he had this one: http://www.consolesource.com/ecomm/catalog...S-X-p-2597.html

Before I got ahold of him, a little google fu had me dig up this card: http://www.consolesource.com/ecomm/catalog...S-X-p-2597.html

In the latter case, I don't think you need an external SD card, and it's also cheaper, but I don't know if anyone here would have experience with it. Friend has said he's had no troubles with his card, but then again, I don't know if I'll be winding up with a plain DS, Lite, or an i. If had to choose, I'd certainly prefer something that doesn't require physically modding the system or needing extra hardware beyond the cartridge.

Any input would be nice. No real rush since Christmas is obviously a month away still. Saw mention of another card being made on the home page, but dunno if that'll be ready soon or how it'll be priced.

Ericthegreat

Not New Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Id recommend a Cyclods (quite pricy) but ONLY if you get a lite or phat ds IT WILL NOT WORK ON A DSI. If you get a DSI I would easily recommend a Acekard 2i (which works on both dsi and ds lite) Acekard 2i is like 12-15$ on dealextream but if you want it for Christmas you need to order now since they can have super long shipping, if you want it faster use gamebygame (super fast shipping) also you will need a sd card personaly I have a kingston 2gigabite made in japan (got from l8shop for like 8$ but they also have long shipping) but maybe now many others can too, the use of a fast microsd card is currently just to play castlevania portrait of sorrow and (if you have a very slow card) the world ends with you if I remember correctly also if your getting a dsi there is the dsi xl comming out idk if youd care about that, many ppl say that at that screen size ds games will look like crap but idk look into it I think its out in japan but yea anyway id recommend you get a cyclods or a Acekard 2i courrently they both work about just as well but im sure you will be much happyer getting one of them. gl
tongue.gif
and excuse my spelling writing this quick.

arus2001

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not in a super rush to have things now, just planning ahead. When it was hinted by my folks that they were gonna get me one, I mentioned trying to get a Lite over an i since I wasn't sure how emulation and such had progressed on the newer units.

Advi

Trophies
Website
www.fletchowns.net
XP
Country
United States
Trust me, DO NOT BUY FROM CONSOLESOURCS. They are overpriced up the @ss.

I suggest buying either an M3i Zero from DealExtreme, or a M3 Real w/ GBA Expansion Pak combo from said site, depending if you're getting a Lite or a DSi. If you're really low on cash, an AK2 or AK2i.

P.S. Go to FileTrip for the firmware and related files

luke_c

Big Boss
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
There's no point in really getting a DSi card if you've got a Lite, but it's upto you i guess. And yes, that's a legit M3i0, Might wanna wait for the SCDS2 with GBA emulator functionality.

arus2001

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Assuming that's the one mentioned on the front page? Suppose I could wait it out a little. Kinda curious how they'll price it, too.

arus2001

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, so maybe I'm not as patient as I thought, heh.

Think I'll probably shoot for an Acekard 2i. While I know I don't have an i, in the off chance I do get one, it'll save me from buying another card and sort of reliving this confusion again. Only thing I'm worried about, after reading reviews and such on other cards, is that there are fakes or clones out there that might not work or just stop working randomly. Would anyone have a link to the real deal or just able to speak from experience while using one?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.