Yo yo homies

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by gappy, May 9, 2019.

1. gappy
    OP

gappy Newbie

Newcomer
    May 9, 2019
    United States
    Hey, I'm new here. I don't really do a ton of stuff like this, but that's aight. I made an account here so I could do some reading about modding my PS2. Any suggestions on how to get started?

Elalexyzoner likes this.
  2. Elalexyzoner

Elalexyzoner Alex95

Jun 5, 2016
    Mexico
    Near Texas
    Yeah, it is really hard to Mod your PS2. Unless you already have a hacked memory... if you not you are gonna have a bad time (Self experience)

3. H1B1Esquire

H1B1Esquire RxTools, the ultimate CFW machine.

Nov 2, 2016
    United States
    Earth, bro-dude.
    Welcome.

Find out what you want. Find out if it's possible.
    Then come back.

4. Feras2002

Feras2002 GBAtemp Regular

Jan 13, 2016
    Kuwait
    you can do a soft mod

check this video out
    and if you need more instructions you can come back and ask them

5. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    Phat/Slim PS2? You can use FreeMCBoot. Either buy a premodded card (easiest and they don't cost much) or give yours to someone with a hacked PS2 to do the install for you. It will take up a fair bit of space on the MC so I would just buy a premodded card.

Phat only: You can go the FreeHDBoot route, this doesn't require a hacked PS2 in order to do the install, just a PC and the appropriate cables to connect up the IDE HDD to it (if your PC does not support IDE or it's a laptop, you'll need an USB to IDE adapter), that is assuming you're not using a SATA drive with a modded broadband adapter.
    Also, you'll need a broadband adapter, which is a good idea to have anyway so that you can load your games off a HDD.

H1B1Esquire likes this.