Gaming Yo-Kai Watch game error

Hovis

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi,

Playing yo-kai watch with my son on custom FW.

Have just made it through to Eddies house and Rank C so have done a fair amount of the early missions.

But now the map has opened up the new section of the map is BLACK and you fall off the end of it and keep falling till the game crashes!

if you take another entrance not he map to a new section it never loads.

Any thoughts? Would consider reinstalling but want the save game progress .

1- Any one come across this?
2 - how do i back up my save game?
3 - can i just reinstall is with out effecting the saved game.

Sorry new to the this scene as not had the 3DS long.

all help welcome as have a rather upset 6 year old looking for a solution i don't have!

cheers
Hovis

Hovis

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
OK so some researching i can back the save game up so i'll set about doing that and try to redownload or reinstall the game

Blue

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
More information like the FW and the Custom Firmware would be helpful and yes you can use this to back up your save, but the save might be corrupted and this post isn't in the right sub forum. In case the save is corrupted I'd recommend playing the second game as it is a sequel and fixes many cons in the first game. You don't need to have played the first game to play the second.

Hovis

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, Sorry wasn't sure of the sub forum it should be in.

SYS - 11.2.0-35E
Luma -6.1.1

One of my main issues was with the big black area of the map missing and why this had happened. could it be the CIA and if so should i look foremother.

I backed up the save game with JKSM but yet to test it.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, Sorry wasn't sure of the sub forum it should be in.

SYS - 11.2.0-35E
Luma -6.1.1

One of my main issues was with the big black area of the map missing and why this had happened. could it be the CIA and if so should i look foremother.

I backed up the save game with JKSM but yet to test it.
I would backup the save using JKSM, delete the game, install freeShop 2.1.3 (use Google to find the freeShop 2.1.3 CIA file), reinstall the game using freeShop, and restore the save file.

Also, the latest version of Luma3DS is 6.6.

Hovis

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
not sure on the versions of the other but checked luma star icon and says 6.6 is out but some searching in here suggests people had a few issues. more stuff required

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
not sure on the versions of the other but checked luma star icon and says 6.6 is out but some searching in here suggests people had a few issues. more stuff required
It is highly recommended that you update Luma3DS from 6.1.1 to 6.6 if you haven't already done so.

Hovis

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
thanks, for the reply just crossed over on the 6.6 point.

i had moved to freeshop for other bits but can only find the demo on there in the 2.1.3 update. assume this wouln't

Blue

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
thanks, for the reply just crossed over on the 6.6 point.

i had moved to freeshop for other bits but can only find the demo on there in the 2.1.3 update. assume this wouln't
Using auto update title keys?

Hovis

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
sorry for the NOOB questions but can i just update to 6.6 in Luma or are there other settings required?

yes i'm using autoupdate from title keys its's not in the shop but looked it up now on title keys so can grab with FBI.

Do i have an issue with my update for freeshop?

Also just updated FBI to 2.4.6 and it had an issue when looking at titles.

So next steps:
1- update to luma 6.6 - can I just do this through the Luma game app ? nothing else needed?
2- check the freeshop update - currently updating with new titles but now all available -
3 - delete version of Yokai i have installed
4 - install version from title keys
5 - import save

let me know and thanks for the hand holding

Last edited by Hovis,

Blue

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
sorry for the NOOB questions but can i just update to 6.6 in Luma or are there other settings required?

yes i'm using autoupdate from title keys its's not in the shop but looked it up now on title keys so can grab with FBI.

Do i have an issue with my update for freeshop?

Also just updated FBI to 2.4.6 and it had an issue when looking at titles.

So next steps:
1- update to luma 6.6 - can I just do this through the Luma game app ? nothing else needed?
2- check the freeshop update - currently updating with new titles but now all available
3 - delete version of Yokai i have installed
4 - install version from title keys
5 - import save

let me know and thanks for the hand holding
You can't mention that title key site. It needs to be dectitlekey not enc and yeah that should work.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Use 'starUpdater' to uptate, should be there since you installed a9lh. Then 'latest stable version'.

Hovis

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hmm.... did try that too but no joy so went via FBI and it's downloading

not sure why that not working there but will have look put the .bin in there on the root "freeShop" so will check after this has installed as would rather do it direct than through FBI QR code

Hovis

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
well thanks for all the help the black hole in the map is fixed. re-installed, reinstalled the save and all good...

thanks all for the help...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Black_Manta_8bit @ Black_Manta_8bit: hey