Yo-Kai Watch 2 releases September 30th - Demo out now

f1ae0a7d-c00a-41eb-af88-d96f72e52d15.jpg

Today Nintendo announced that YO KAI-WATCH 2: Bony Spirits and YO-KAI WATCH 2: Fleshy Souls will be launching on September 30th 2016 in the US.

Here is Nintendo:
Last year we brought Japanese sensation YO-KAI WATCH to U.S. shores. But we couldn't stop there, could we? Nintendo is back with more of your favorite strangely charming troublemakers in YO KAI-WATCH 2: Bony Spirits and YO-KAI WATCH 2: Fleshy Souls, both launching Sept. 30.

Can't wait that long to get started battling and befriending Yo-kai again? Lucky for you, the demo version is available today in Nintendo eShop. This time around, you can use your Yo-kai Watch to investigate mysterious behavior taking place in Harrisville (could it be the cause of a Yo-kai?). Also available in the free demo is the new action-based Blasters mode, which lets you team up with up to four players for quadruple the adventure.

The full versions of the games will feature some of your favorite Yo-kai returning for more mischief alongside all new Yo-kai- more than 350 in total! You can find, befriend and battle Yo-Kai, ride trains and discover new towns, travel back in time to meet Classic Yo-kai and even learn about the origin of the Yo-kai Watch!

0ba06986-346d-4684-981d-45663331d363.jpg
25a74b59-3b56-44e8-93a0-236188e18019 (1).jpg
9d6722ea-1e33-463d-a038-a01810ff7f7f.jpg

:arrow:Yo-Kai Watch 2 Official Site & Trailer

iepuras

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I already plan on buying the game, but this demo isn't going to convince anyone. I just played it and it is even worse than the demo for the first game. Literally one battle, about five minutes and that's it. It took longer to download than finish playing.
aaw, rly? poor demos just ruin it for everybody

Trophies
Website
harshamohite.com
XP
Country
United States
Got to play it at PAX West and one of the booth employees walked me through all the new changes to the game and some of the new systems. Really, though, it's just Yokai Watch 1 with a few new things tacked on. Same engine, same visuals, same gameplay (pretty much) except for a couple new commands, same way to capture new Yokai, etc. Kinda underwhelming for a sequel. It seems like a "Main Pokemon Game > Remake using same engine" kinda move. I'm hoping a future Yo-Kai watch 3 overhauls everything like Pokemon's "tick-tock" nature. If you liked Yokai Watch 1 and want more o' that, then you'll like 2.

Svaethier

Trophies
Website
s6.zetaboards.com
XP
Country
United States
Got to play it at PAX West and one of the booth employees walked me through all the new changes to the game and some of the new systems. Really, though, it's just Yokai Watch 1 with a few new things tacked on. Same engine, same visuals, same gameplay (pretty much) except for a couple new commands, same way to capture new Yokai, etc. Kinda underwhelming for a sequel. It seems like a "Main Pokemon Game > Remake using same engine" kinda move. I'm hoping a future Yo-Kai watch 3 overhauls everything like Pokemon's "tick-tock" nature. If you liked Yokai Watch 1 and want more o' that, then you'll like 2.
Yokai watch 3 has a little rhythm based mini game and a new girl character in it, I only played to the beginning but it feels different then what the first and second brings.

Pluupy

_(:3」∠)_
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only thing pokemon can learn from youkai watch is to add furigana to the dialogues
The interesting aspect of Yokai Watch is creature value. Although the Yokai do have a stat system, making some yokai fundamentally better than others, the unique skills of each Yokai allows them to still retain value. Unlike with Pokemon, where if a Pokemon has awful stats it's just awful. The unique abilities system of individual Pokemon wasn't incorporated until the third generation, so they weren't designed in a way to truly be the end-all of strategy. What Pokemon can learn from Yokai Watch is sustaining value of all creatures instead of having "trash" nobody would want to use except as a joke or "because it's cute".

Yokai Watch has many variables which can contribute to a successful battle and thus makes it more exciting than Pokemon since it isn't calculated. Each battle is different. I think it is a great system because it is like a reflection of the Yokai themselves: unpredictable creatures.

samcambolt270

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so, that demo was short af, and barely shown any of the features. it literally took longer to download than to play to the finish, but, at least it showed that the map is improved, and theres more strategy to the combat now. im looking forward to its release date.

Trophies
Website
harshamohite.com
XP
Country
United States
Yokai watch 3 has a little rhythm based mini game and a new girl character in it, I only played to the beginning but it feels different then what the first and second brings.

That's promising! There's Japanese gameplay, but I haven't seen any of it yet. Yo-Kai Watch is an interesting series. I'm sure there'll be a group of children now who will remember it fondly when they grow up.

Svaethier

Trophies
Website
s6.zetaboards.com
XP
Country
United States
That's promising! There's Japanese gameplay, but I haven't seen any of it yet. Yo-Kai Watch is an interesting series. I'm sure there'll be a group of children now who will remember it fondly when they grow up.
There's also the yokai watch busters games that we will more than likely get after the second game seeing as how the 3rd game gives you special items if you have data from them.

Joshwraith

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I already plan on buying the game, but this demo isn't going to convince anyone. I just played it and it is even worse than the demo for the first game. Literally one battle, about five minutes and that's it. It took longer to download than finish playing.
Well actually the demo is a little longer, you first need go to the town instead of heading to the barn, in the town you can find at least two hidden yo-kai which give you a real nice battle.

Reactions: Glyptofane

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: lol