News Police
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
CFD66E2F-93C6-4175-BDEB-C1A47E12D3F5-24012-0000132E2D756ECA_tmp.png

Vita hacking legend Yifan Lu, also known as Yufi hacker dude™, today wrote up a tutorial over at vitasdk.org about how to Remote Play with your Henkaku-enabled 3.60 Vita without signing in to your PSN account. It even works with a not activated Vita. Basically the process involves hex-editing a cache file the Remote Play app uses to verify your PSN account, with your PSN online ID. While this process may be a bit complicated, Yifan Lu asks Vita developers to build a homebrew app for this. Head over to vitasdk for the tutorial.

Update

The user 'theorywrong' from vitasdk just released a homebrew application for this. You can get it here.

Last edited by WiiUBricker,

Dave_Chad

Trophies
XP
Country
Just done this and for the first time I'm able to experience Remote Play!

Just some notes HxD is a free hex editor for Windows and I was able to create the file and add my username very easily without any need for converters.

The username is your psn name. For example mine is AllahMuhallah it's not your email address that you need to use.

I had the direct connect setting on my PS4 on.

I don't actually have any wi-fi access point set up on my Vita. So no danger of it updating.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

ArugulaZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Totally works. Frame rate seems kind of low next to the PS4's television output, but my internet isn't fantastic so there you go.

ma16v3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got someone who is having issues creating the np directory in ur0:/user/00/, getting a generic error. They fail when doing it over FTP as well. Any idea what might be going on? There was a recent system restore, if that helps.

deSSy2724

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
My Vita is on 3.60 and already activated and my PS4 Pro is still on 3.70 (still waiting for hacks), can I enable remote play even if my PS4 Pro is not on the latest firmware?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Well atleast they didn't delete it completely.