Yifan Lu calls all coders to create an open Vita SDK

Discussion in 'PS Vita - Hacking & Homebrew' started by WiiUBricker, May 24, 2015.

1. WiiUBricker
    OP

WiiUBricker Insert Custom Title

Sep 19, 2009
    Argentina
    Espresso
    logo.png

The Yufi hacker dude™ is back with another blog post and this time he asks for your help. The goal is to create an open Vita SDK. He says that the reason why no free SDK exists yet is that there are people with knowledge how to create one, but lack time to do so and there are people who have time but lack knowledge of the Vita's internals. So he created an awesome pdf document describing what's needed for an open toolchain and how Vita's executable format works. You can check out his full post here.

Margen67, zfreeman and lytro like this.
  2. Flame

Flame Me > You

Jul 15, 2008
    If you want to go fast, go alone; if you want to go far, go with others, - Vita scene observer

MaskedRed and Margen67 like this.
  3. Melhisedek

Melhisedek Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 7, 2006
    Is it ok to update to 3.51 FW?

4. Qtis

Qtis Grey Knight Inquisitor

Feb 28, 2010
    The Forge
    You can't download the recommended PSVita Developer assistant without 3.51 FW. And as it's a recommendation from Yifan Lu, I'd say there is no reason not to update (I just updated mine as I wait for the PSM application to be approved).

5. Vappy

Vappy GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

May 23, 2012
    Well you can, but only if you've got access to a PS3.

Margen67 likes this.
  6. SirByte

SirByte GBAtemp Fan

Dec 30, 2012
    Canada
    I guess we're all waiting for our applications to be approved and it's almost June.

7. Pox

Pox GBAtemp Regular

Sep 12, 2014

Just need a confirmation about this.
    I have 3.5 Vita and want to download this Dev Assistant because of Yifan's Lu hack.
    Do I need to update to new 3.51 version or can I download directly from the Vita with mine 3.5?

8. Transdude1996

Transdude1996 GBAtemp Regular

Dec 28, 2011
    United States
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Just downloaded it last night on 3.50 using the Vita Update Blocker. This was directly from PSN however since I don't own a PS3.