YGO World Championship 2008 CPU Opponent Editing

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by g00dman, Nov 12, 2019.

1. g00dman
    OP

g00dman Member

Newcomer
    Feb 22, 2017
    Hiya, I've been trying to edit the CPU opponents in YGO World Championship 2008 since I've gotten pretty bored of the default CPU opponents.

I posted on here a while ago about figuring out the deck files, and I can easily replace those and duel against custom decks. I also know where the decks' names are stored so I can change those as well (although I'm not sure if I'd have to repoint stuff if I made the deck's name longer than the default or something...)

However, I wanted to go a step further and figure out how to change other stuff like the appearance of the character and other things about them. I've been looking through the files in Crystal Tile but I'm really not sure what I'm supposed to be looking for. I think it must be compressed somewhere and I'm not sure where to look.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

EDIT: While I'm at it it could also be interesting to know how to edit the duelist ghosts within the save file itself, which could potentially be easier... I can actually find the data in the .sav file (it starts at offset 33000), and a lot of the data is right there. However, I've tried editing simple things like the name of the deck, and then when I save the file and import it to Desmume, the ghosts won't show up any more. I found that offsets 33004 to 33007 contain some hex data which changes when deleting different ghosts, so I think there might be some kind of verification check for the ghosts involved with that.

Last edited by g00dman, Nov 12, 2019
  2. g00dman
    OP

g00dman Member

Newcomer
    Feb 22, 2017
    Oh, here's a SAV file as an example... Let me know if this isn't allowed to be posted on here. I've figured out what most of the related hex offsets for duelist ghosts are but some are a mystery. I'd mess around and edit them and find out, but I can't because if you change anything at all the ghosts don't appear any more...

Attached Files:

3. g00dman
    OP

g00dman Member

Newcomer
    Feb 22, 2017
    Apologies for a triple post! I don't think this forum allows you to delete messages... But I've found where the enemy duelists' stats are stored as well as a file where it defines what deck is assigned to what character. If you change the hex addresses around you can change which decks they have. However, it seems that the list of characters available in Free Duel mode is hard-coded in somewhere, but I'm having trouble finding where.

4. SetoKaiba

SetoKaiba Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 29, 2019
    United States
    I don't know about modding,but im in to see where this goes to,weird to see how little hacking there is in Yugioh games

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted