geishroy

Suspended
OP
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't understand what is happening here. I bought a brand new DStwo from RHS so I know it's supposed to be legit, bought a decent 4gb microsd from walmart, however this game is still freezing. If I delete the rom from my sd and unzip the original download I can usually play in one sitting, but when i turn the game off and come back to play it later it always seems to freeze. No other game does this. I have tried the Jap rom (clean, prepatched, and patched myself through hex editing and rom tool) as well as the USA one. I have tried multiple links from multiple places including torrents and they all seem to freeze midduel after I replace the freezing one with another original. Can someone help me, I'd play 2010 but it lacks too many cards =(

also note that no other rom has ever frozen. thanks!

quick edit, i have also formatted my sd card both quick and full through sd formatter.

Terminator02

ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's weird that it only happens with the one game, have you tried running it in clean mode (as opposed to patch mode), you can choose the mode if you press X while hovering over a game in the DSGame browser.

geishroy

Suspended
OP
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's weird that it only happens with the one game, have you tried running it in clean mode (as opposed to patch mode), you can choose the mode if you press X while hovering over a game in the DSGame browser.

this causes the game to launch with just a white screen. It seems that every time I have a problem I can delete the rom and put the same rom back on from my computer and it will work for a little while and then start messing up again. It also seems like it degrades over time. Again the first time I play with the rom it will work until i shut it off, once It happens after a few minutes to hours the game will lock up in a duel. When I restart the game again it takes less time then the previous freeze until finally the game is totally unplayable. Thanks for any help. Maybe because my SD card is class 4 it is too slow??

jimmyemunoz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this causes the game to launch with just a white screen. It seems that every time I have a problem I can delete the rom and put the same rom back on from my computer and it will work for a little while and then start messing up again. It also seems like it degrades over time. Again the first time I play with the rom it will work until i shut it off, once It happens after a few minutes to hours the game will lock up in a duel. When I restart the game again it takes less time then the previous freeze until finally the game is totally unplayable. Thanks for any help. Maybe because my SD card is class 4 it is too slow??
Does anyone else have a problem with this game? Anyone want to spare a couple minutes of time to testing it? I can't see why this is happening. When you erase the ROM from your micro sd card are you deleting the .dtc file along with it? Something tells me your not. Are you?

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i tried the japan one and mine never freezes.
Thank you DJPlace. Geishroy, delete the .dtc file and put an unpatched version on your micro sd card and I'm betting it will fire up correctly, and stay that way.

anytime. if it was vs the rules i would post my copy.

geishroy

Suspended
OP
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i tried the japan one and mine never freezes.
Thank you DJPlace. Geishroy, delete the .dtc file and put an unpatched version on your micro sd card and I'm betting it will fire up correctly, and stay that way.

yes, i've done this and delete my saves too. nothing seems to help it, it just works works works, then one freeze, then freezes all the time after =/

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I remember playing that game on several flashcarts and it never had an issue...
I found it weird that a game like that wouldn't work on the dstwo, people would've complained already about that. xP
Try downloading the European one as well... Might work... The one I used was the Japanese version btw...

geishroy

Suspended
OP
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks for the responses, i've cleaned the connectors a bit better on both the sd card and the flash cart and it seems to be acting a bit better, hopefully it will stay that way. However I have encountered a problem that sometimes happens when loading roms. Occasionally the bottom of the images on both screens will tear/cut and render about two pixels below where it's supposed to. I can usually fix this by loading a different rom, closing it and reloading the one I want. Again it's nothing too bad, just wondering if it was normal or if I have bad cart/card. thanks =)

chaosdarkneo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, this is likely a problem with your MicroSD's read/write speeds or your card.

EDIT: FUUUUUUUUUUU I didn't notice the date. Sorry!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +1
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped... +1