multiboot

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Japanese Nintendo Channel updated today with a demo of Yggdra Unison.

unison1.png
unison2.png
unison3.png
unison4.png
unison5.png
unison6.png

Inunah

The Female Mistaken for a Male.
Banned
Trophies
Website
inuscreepystuff.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
Isn't this and some other Yggdra game a sequel to some other game? It looks promising, but I can't place my finger on what game I should be playing so I know what's going on in the first Yggdra game and then this one.....

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
PharaohsVizier said:
I just hope it isn't horribly unforgiving like the first one.
frown.gif
Oh, yeah, that...
wacko.gif

Yes, let's hope it won't let you save five hours past the point of no return and then pretend you still have a chance of finishing it... Evil Union grumble grumble grumble ...

Chrono_Tata

Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
Inunah said:
Isn't this and some other Yggdra game a sequel to some other game? It looks promising, but I can't place my finger on what game I should be playing so I know what's going on in the first Yggdra game and then this one.....
I think this one is a remake of Yggdra Union (going by the fact that the screenshots show characters that have already been killed in Yggdra Union). There was a game made by Sting before this called Riviera which I think takes place in the same universe as Yggdra, but it's not really a "sequel" as the stories are not connected. So basically I think you can pick up and play this one without missing anything.

QUOTE(PharaohsVizier @ Nov 25 2009, 06:37 AM) That's awesome, I can't wait. I just hope it isn't horribly unforgiving like the first one.
frown.gif
In the PSP version of Yggdra Union they made it so that when a character levels up they will regain all their morale, which made it much easier. I'm guessing they'll probably do the same for this one as well.

sadak5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
Chrono_Tata said:
There was a game made by Sting before this called Riviera which I think takes place in the same universe as Yggdra, but it's not really a "sequel" as the stories are not connected. So basically I think you can pick up and play this one without missing anything.
Riviera and Yggdra shares the same universe, and Knights in the nightmare is in the same too. They are parto of the called Dept. Heaven saga of Sting.

The order is Riviera Episode I, Yggdra Episode II, and KITN Episode IV.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dept._Heaven

Also, there are info of Sting developing a MMORPG (the Episode III in the Dept. Heaven saga).

Also, iT appears is more like a Realtime strategy game.:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yggdra_Union:..._Alone#Spinoffs

Chrono_Tata

Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
Alright, I just tried out the demo. (Thanks a lot! You know who you are.
tongue.gif
) It is a completely a different game from Union. As sadak mentioned it is a real time strategy. The control is almost entirely stylus-based and the main premise of the battle system seems to be that when you attack an enemy, you can call your friends to make a union (or I guess a unison in this case). Each character will be assigned a number and you have to draw that number on screen in order to call that friend to help. I don't know Japanese so that's all I figured out, but there are probably more depth to the game.

Well I'm a fan of Yggdra Union so I'll probably get this if it comes out in English.

Chrono_Tata

Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
Ugh, I hope not. Though since the game is a port of a mobile phone game it is potentially small enough to be a DSi-ware game.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Chrono_Tata said:
In the PSP version of Yggdra Union they made it so that when a character levels up they will regain all their morale, which made it much easier.
And they say PSP is for "hardcore" gamers... Bah
laugh.gif

Inunah

The Female Mistaken for a Male.
Banned
Trophies
Website
inuscreepystuff.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
sadak5 said:
Riviera and Yggdra shares the same universe, and Knights in the nightmare is in the same too. They are parto of the called Dept. Heaven saga of Sting.
akfdusoifdsufodsufodisu! NOOOO WAAAAAAAAYYYYYYY.... I loved Knights in the Nightmare. And I played a little bit of Riviera and liked it, but I think I did try to play Yggdra Union and didn't like it too much because it was so much like Fire Emblem and Final Fantasy Tactics.

sadak5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
You can check in Lacrima Castle (a fan page) where the time line exists for the games and worlds. If I can remember well, there are 2 chars which also appears in two games (1 in riviera/knights and the other yggdra/Knights)

Overlord Nadrian

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
sadak5 said:
You can check in Lacrima Castle (a fan page) where the time line exists for the games and worlds. If I can remember well, there are 2 chars which also appears in two games (1 in riviera/knights and the other yggdra/Knights)
True. That's the reason they show up as the host when you have KITN in Slot-1 and Riviera/Yggdra in Slot-2.

Anyways, I can't wait for this one! I loved the three (or should I say, the first two and the fourth
unsure.gif
) first games, so this should be great, too! I hope it isn't as hard as Yggdra Union though
tongue.gif

Tri3dgE

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Damn this is great news! I played the living hell out of Riveria, Yggdra, and currently finishing Knights. I guess it's time to whet those swords again for another dosing of Stings' epic storylines.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night