Yet another Wii Noob, Sorry Guys : \

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by jtroye32, Jun 14, 2008.

Jun 14, 2008
  1. jtroye32
    OP

Member jtroye32 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Well I couldn't resist getting a Wii today since I had the opportunity (at retail price) so I got one. I'll keep this short, simple, and as grammatically correct as possible, with any help appreciated.

1. What is the absolute best mod-chip to get for my brand new 2008 Wii (serial number LU574XXXXXX)? I don't care if it requires a lot of soldering. I'd like to be able to update with a disc. I know there is some debate on this - but there has to be a card that comes out on top in terms of features/compatibility/updating/updates.

2. Where is the cheapest/most reliable place to order it online?

3. Is there anything I'm leaving out that is crucial to having a (hopefully) problem free modding experience?

4. Would it disrupt anything if I setup and played my Wii before installing the modchip?

2. teknecal

Newcomer teknecal Member

Australia
    1. Probably the d2pro9 d2c2 compliant version

3. Good soldering iron and Triwing Screwdriver. If you don't want to risk damaging your Wii accidentally when soldering then you could order a Wiiclip.

4. Nope but you should probably update your firmware to 3.2 and then disable Wiiconnect24

3. jtroye32
    OP

United States
    What are the negatives if I don't turn wiiconnect24 off?

4. jtroye32
    OP

United States
  5. linuxares

Member linuxares GBAtemp Maniac

Sweden