OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
p4-1.jpg

Another day, another slot-1 solution is about to hit the shelves. Supposedly they are in the products final R&D stage, I assume they are about to start mass producing very shortly.
Here's some info I've gathered from their site:
A couple of pics to start with:
a010-3.jpg

p1.jpg
p5.jpg

fx10-4.jpg

R4DS Team said:
? Original DS cart sized device;
? Drag‘N drop files NO software required;
? Play in SLOT-1 without Passcard or Flashme;
? Supports TF(MicroSD) capacity upto 4GB(32Gbit);
? Supports DS sleep mode;
? Supports FAT16/32 File System;
? Supports Screen touch sensitive;
? Compatible clean Rom, homebrew & moonshell; - Compatible all version of DS;
? Intuitively upgradeable custom operating system
m10-5.jpg

R4DS Team said:
1) Hardware installation

-Insert TF/SD card into USB2.0 MicroSD card reader/writer, format your TF/SD card as FAT format by Use the Computer;

-When appears “a removable disk added”, hardware has been installed;

-TF card(MicroSD) is used to save the games and data, once your micro SD card is formatted correctly, you will see "Free Space = *" in the right hand pane. Then you can begin copying ROMs over.

2) Place the LOADER:
- copy loader.nds and TFSYSTEM folder to TF card root dir.
- Directly Drag‘N drop the ds rom (Clean Rom Need) into the TF card root dir.
- Copy the model.sav from TFSYSTEM folder to TF card root dir.

3) Unload TF card

-after finishing ROM added, then right click the removable disk icon on the right down corner of the screen, draw out the TF card from card reader/writer

4) Insert TF/SD card into the R4

-insert the TF card with ROM into R4, then insert R4DS into the Slot-1 while NDS/NDSL is power off. It will enter the new system of R4DS when users start it next time.

-When NDS/NDSL is power on, the R4DS is booted, a small loading screen will appear and then you'll be taken to the main GUI within seconds. You can select ROMs to run by the navigation keys or touch screen, press "A" botton to enter the corresponding functions.
R4DS Team
Q: How do saves work? Will I be able to backup my save-games?
A: Easy and without extra software , you can backup your saves bysimply dragging and dropping them.

Q: Is the R4 Compatible with the Rumble Pack or Opera Ram Expansion?
A: Yes

Q: Will you support DS Homebrew Roms ?
A: Yes

Q: What is the Battery Life?
A: Same as the Original carts, the R4 core components are chosen to maximize battery life.

Q: What about reading Speeds from the DS ? Are they Equal to an original cart?
A: Original carts have various speeds, our hardware is designed to match the speed as close as possible. No problems to this date.

Q: Does Drag and Drop functionality work on a Mac and other Operating systems except Windows?
A: Of course Our device is fully mass storage spec compliant, and should work with any operating system which supports this standard

Q: Do I have to use patches and extra software to load files on the NDS?
A: Absolutely not.

Q: Will I need any other extra software or hardware to manage the R4?
A: Absolutely not.

Q: What colors are available from the R4 Adapter?
A: We are currently manufacturing White cart for first batch stock, we might consider other colors soon.

Q: Do I have to flash my DS firmware in order to operate the R4?
A: Nope! No firmware hacks or any nasty tricks are required to use the R4. If you change your firmware you lose your warranty!

Q: What languages does the R4 OS support?
A: English, Chinese and Japaness at present.

Q: Does it work on both DS and DS Lite?
A: Yes, every revision out and to come

Q: Are there any regional issues?
A: No, R4 works on every DS and DS Lite from around the world.

Q: How many files can I have on the R4?
A: R4 Adapter supports 128MB~4GB TF(MicroSD) card , 4GB=32Gbit

Q: Do I need a pass key device for the R4 to work or can I just put it in my DS?
A: Nothing is needed! Just place the R4 with the TF card into the NDS slot 1 and power-up your DS .

Q: Is the R4 OS/Firmware upgradable?
A: Yes! And the best part is that its DEAD EASY and SAFE to do it

Q: Is the OS skinnable?
A: Yes.
R4DS ~ Homepage

This has to be a joke, something's definately fishy with all these slot-1 cards popping outta nowhere all the same timeframe... there must be a deep throat somewhere
ph34r.gif
ph34r.gif
rofl2.gif

Anyway, it's great news for us, I'm enjoying the cards war as much as its console ounterpart.
grog.gif
grog.gif

Edit:It's in their best interest to have built a winner, a card that truly supports drag'n drop & which fully supports homebrew, has a perfect compatibility with current & future roms, needless to say download play..if they're willing to dig into my pocket.
grog.gif

Monkey01

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Wtf is wrong with those companies copying the ds-x faq. :|

Also the R4DS is not new, it was posted here already.

Isn't this just a NinjaPass X9 clone? Both logo's are just as horrible looking and they are both to lazy to create their own faq...
unsure.gif

Interface Screenshot... They sure did a hell of a nice job to beat that NinjaPass X9 in having the ugliest GUI of all... The white on black text was readable after all... and it didn't have purple highlights
rolleyes.gif

flai

Androgynous Apparently :)
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Best laid out site of any flashcart provider yet. I'll maybe buy this if it turns out to be better than the M3 Simply but right now my money's on M3.

EDIT - Some interface pics -

sink-1.jpg

skin-2.jpg

skin-3.jpg

skin-4.jpg

skin-5.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Probably like a 10,000 dollar build back then