Yet another question

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by Pythagora, Aug 10, 2008.

Aug 10, 2008

Yet another question by Pythagora at 4:43 PM (928 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. Pythagora
    OP

Newcomer Pythagora Newbie

Sweden
    Just kidding, it's actually a few questions, but I hope to get them all answered. (Apparently)

1: Is cyclods worth the money, or should I buy a supercard/ another one instead?
    2: Is it possible to use the same save stats on two different cards?
    3: Battery life, which card should I prefer/ avoid.
    4: Do I have to change my currency into USD when buying from Jandaman?
    5: Is dealextreme a trustworthy site?
    6: Which one, kingston 2 GB or sandisc 2 GB?

Hm, that's about it [​IMG]

2. ENDscape

Member ENDscape REBORN! I will post with my Dying Will!!!

Philippines
    1) Cyclods is worth the money. But you should research others to see which is to your liking.
    2) You can use the same save depending on the format. For example r4 sav work on an m3real sav.
    3) Well for battery there are people claiming rumble packs sucks battery and others say no. Or others say they get 1 hour on a flash card and others say the opposite. So im not really sure what to say on that.
    4) I think they convert it automatically. But im not really sure.
    5) Dealextreme imo is a trustworthy site. Ive ordered from them and my friends ordered from them. And all of our orders arrived. One was delayed a few days becasue of stock issues. But they are still cheap and good, but ships slow so not recomended on impatient people.
    6) Well both of them are good. So you should get whichever one is cheaper. I dont know why you dont want to get a 4gb but its not my business to ask.

Hope this helps.

3. Cranberry

Newcomer Cranberry Member

Canada
    If you're thinking of getting a CycloDS, I don't think DX stocks them anymore.

4. gosp

Member gosp GBAtemp Regular

Italy
    2. It shouldn't be a problem. If there ARE two different save formats, This will help you.
    3. There's no real difference. They'll all suck your battery dry.
    4. Any site out there will do it automatically.
    5. Yes
    6. I would say Kingston, but both those cards have SDHC compatibility, so why don't you try a 4GB or 8GB model?

5. Pythagora
    OP

Sweden
    1. Okay, I was considering whether or not I should go with the cyclo or a supercard, but I think I will stick to the cyclo.
    2. I see, so does the cyclo go with .sav?

Edit: Don't mind these two questions.

Thanks! That really helped me out.

6. Pythagora
    OP

Sweden
    PharaohsVizier: My bad, yes I meant save states. So basically all I need to change the format is the site gosp referred to, correct? It doesn't sound too difficult.

A last question, I want a card which is quite advanced, has a well made menu and a nice design to it. The card should be able to run most of the games, almost 100%, and a wide variety of options is more than welcome. I have done some research, but I'm still not sure. Should I order a cyclods, or do you have any other recommendations?