Yet Another Pokemon Cheat Thread

Discussion in 'GBA - Game Development, ROM Hacks and Translations' started by Mortifix, Jul 7, 2007.

1. Mortifix
    OP

Mortifix Member

Newcomer
    Jun 8, 2007
    United States
    --Unknown--
    Well....I've been doing a lot of researching on trainers/cheating/IPS patching. I downloaded Steven's Cheating Guide, but im having a little bit of trouble with it. I have chtedv1.9.exe, GABsharky, GBACCC, and FATV8. My test ROM was Pokemon Ruby. In Stevens Cheating Guide there is a folder called data that contains tons of .cht files. I opened the .cht file with chtedv1.9.exe to make sure everything was in order and this is a small portion of what it looks like...

[Quick Level Up]
    ON=201605c,e8,3e

etc...

[GameInfo]
    Name=Pokemon Ruby (US)
    System=GBA
    Text=Pokemon Ruby (US)

Now I named the rom Pokemon Cheat Ruby.gba.

Well I opened up GABsharky and loaded up the pokemon ruby.cht file and I opened the ROM and Patch.

I got the output file of the ROM and I threw that on my card and loaded it up, unfortunately none of the cheats seemed to have worked. Any ideas on what I did wrong?

I have GBA SP with EZ-FLASH IV (2GB Mini-SD)

Thanks for the help.

2. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    United Kingdom
  3. Mortifix
    OP

Mortifix Member

Newcomer
    Jun 8, 2007
    United States
    --Unknown--
    Wow ok so besides this game, the process I used above should work? Does GABsharky actually work?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice