Yet another newbie intro'

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by SauceyWombat, Jun 19, 2007.

Jun 19, 2007
  1. SauceyWombat
    OP

Newcomer SauceyWombat Newbie

United States
    Hello there y'all! I've been playing video games since I was a kid back when Atari was still shoulder to shoulder with Nintendo. I've been playing with a GameCube since it came out & now have a DS Lite (Onyx & only for a couple of months). I've just bought a used PSP from Ebay & am impatiently awaiting it's arrival. I'm a huge Harvest moon fan & wanted to play the new "Innocent Life" version of the series; which is a PSP exclusive...'till it comes out all tweaked up for the PS2 (if it ever gets here to the States). Anyway, that's why I finally got a PSP.

I'm interested in backing up my own games, but don't know how. Any pointers would be ever so much appreciated. I've been reading up on the DS's Slot 1 & Slot 2 flash cart options & am baffled as to which one (or combo) is what I'm looking for to suit my needs.

I hear interesting things about the new mod chips for PSP. They do cost a pretty penny & then you have to pay almost as much to have it installed. How would that be worth it compared to "modding" your PSP the old fashioned way?

Well, I'm running off at the mouth & should go off in search of the proper threads to discuss these thoughts.

So, in the meantime...Come On 'N Greet meh!

2. thegame07

Member thegame07 GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    what version is the psp your getting [​IMG]

3. SauceyWombat
    OP

United States
    I won't know the PSP version 'till it arrives. The guy I bought it from had no idea. I figured that if it's been updated beyond the point of downgradability then I'll just use it to play any current game I want. Then I'll eventually get a downgradable PSP & never use it to play a new game that requires updates.

4. thegame07

Member thegame07 GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    so you already know about dark alex firmware [​IMG] Also may i say WELCOME TO GBATEMP [​IMG]

5. SauceyWombat
    OP

United States
    I've only heard about dark alex firmware & wouldn't go so far as to say that I know about it...let alone how to go about actually using. The PSP modchips are attractive to me in that they appear to take out all the "hands on" steps involved that require me to personally downgrade anything. But, I guess once it's all done...then you're done (downgrading without modchips). Or am I missing something?

And thanks for the welcome!

6. JPH

Banned JPH Banned

United States
    Welcome to GBAtemp! If you got any questions, let me know. [​IMG]

As for DS, the best solution - R4 DS and the little EZ Expansion pack. It can allow you to play DS and GBA games; it seems to be the cheapest to buy also.

Definately get Dark Alex's firmware. You'll love (I sure do). Be patient and wait. Hopefully, it'll be moddable. I'll be crossing my fingers for ya! [​IMG]