Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Garrys-Mod.jpg

alright it's that time of year again. the big sale is starting up

here's a few of the games on sale right now... will update as more get discounted...

super meat boy 3.75$
bad company 2 for 10.19$ (price varies by region)
amnesia for 10$
deus ex pack for 3$
prince of persia forgotten sands for 5$

thq complete pack for 50$
square enix/eidos pack for 75$
valve complete pack for 25$
2k pack for 80$

since the steam website usually gets hammered during this sale, another decent site to browse through all the deals is

http://www.steamgamesales.com/[/p]

icon11.gif
Source

They still haven't posted an official announcement, but the prices are already live. I'm kinda raging about having pre-ordered Super Meat Boy for $10, then this sale offering it for 1/3rd of that even. $25 for the complete Valve pack is insane, and I'd be all over that if I didn't already own most of it. Will be picking up Half Life 1 though. Been waiting for that to go on sale again since the summer. Now that I've read that there are daily deals though, I have a feeling I just overpaid for it...

A LIST OF THE FIRST 100 GAMES WITH THE BIGGEST DISCOUNTS CAN BE FOUND BY SCROLLING TO THE BOTTOM OF THE STEAM HOMEPAGE, FINDING THE SECTION THAT READS "NEW RELEASES / TOP SELLERS / COMING SOON / SPECIALS" AND CLICKING ON THE "SPECIALS" TAB. It's a damn long list. Some discounts are sale wide, while others are 'daily deals' and will be gone by the next day. The sale lasts until January 2nd. Go NUTS!

D

Deleted_171835

"super meat boy 3.75$!"
cry.gif

I would purchase this if my freaking pre-paid credit card would work!

WildWon

EXTERMINATE!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh kickass! I played the SMB demo on XBLA and was waiting to purchase it. Pfft, i'm working towards it as we speak (and steam is SLOOOOOOOOOW in loading.)

I both love and loath huge steam sales. (such good deals... and bye-bye to expendable income!)

Fat D

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Dangit, and I just got myself €20 for Steam holiday sales,a fter a friend convinced me that I should not play it safe by getting €25. Now I miss out on all Half-life titles plus Left 4 Dead 1 and 2 for €10 more.
Anyway, every smaller Valve pack is 50% off, and I spent some of my money on CS complete. Is Poker Night at the Inventory any good?

WildWon

EXTERMINATE!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
w00t! Unreal pack is on sale for $15(usd)!! FINALLY! I've been waiting for this to drop down for a bit.

Got that, SMB, Serious Sam 2nd (finally) and (on a whim) Judge Dredd (it's only $1.50
tongue.gif
)

Kickass. (and the steam site is working, on and off
tongue.gif
)

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
$25 for Valve complete pack?

I already own L4D, L4D2, Garry's Mod, TF2, CS:S, and HL2: Deathmatch, but it's still worth it.

EDIT: I'll probably actually just buy Portal, HL2 and the episodes, and maybe HL: Source.

DeadLocked

Bi-Winning.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ended up buying Half Life 1 (Partly to complete my storyline, partly for that naruto mod)
F.E.A.R pack, something tells me I'm going to regret that. (F.E.A.R 1 alone is 16gb wtf)

Not looking forward to spending even more tomorrow ._.

D

Deleted User

Heard about the valve back being $24.99 for like 15 minutes (86% discounted) but by the time some people went to check-out it was bumped back up to $49.99. Oh the time of the year to pick up our wallets and legally buy the games we've pirated in the past year XD

Edit: Also, this should be helpful for those having trouble browsing the steam-site due to traffic: http://www.steamgamesales.com/?sort=title&order=desc

injected11

Crescent Fresh™
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:
Ugh, fuck, I didn't get my paycheck today. So I can't buy anything. FUCK.

Anyone wanna get my HL2 and the episodes at least?
rolleyes.gif
I've got a feeling that the Half Life games are gonna end up being one of the daily deals, and thus even cheaper. It wouldn't hurt to wait a few days and see.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lol