Yet another fanmade PT remake has been released in the form of Unreal PT

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by Chary, Jan 5, 2019.

1. chrisrlink

chrisrlink Intel Pentium III Hamster inside

Aug 27, 2009
    United States
    inside your crappy old PC
    heres the biggest problem of copyright law it (the copyright) is not tied to the creator (as it should be) but rather to the publisher (konami) since Kojima created silent hill he should've been smart and made it his copyright but nope he signed up with a shitty greedy publisher and got his copyright opertunity snatched not only that but iirc Konami won't allow him to make new games for his own IP's or be sued (really fucked up part)
    so if any of you go into game design heres some advice
    1) go indie
    2)if approached by a publisher NEGOTIATE the contract just don't sign on (Probably the biggest mistake for game designers)
    3) if all else fails do PC only games (besides it's far superior tech anyway and is upgradable consoles have limited tech)

2. ZipMartin

ZipMartin Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 29, 2008
    Brazil
    I got stuck running around the infinite hallway. I looked at the guide and it says I should see a frame on the ground and examine a hole in the wall from where it'd fallen, but I'd already ran for 15+ minutes and didn't know if I missed it or if I had to keep running or some bug happened, so I gave up. Very well done, anyway.

3. orangpelupa

orangpelupa GBAtemp Regular

Aug 7, 2009
    Indonesia
    the license itself is still alive and valid tho, as you still can redownload and run it with valid license http://wololo.net/2016/04/10/how-to-redownload-p-t-silent-hills/

they did remove it from PSN servers.

4. Esjay131

Esjay131 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 11, 2010
    United States
    That's completely opposite my point. New people can't pick it up, and people who already own it have to use a hacky method not native to just going to their Library and redownloading it.

5. lembi2001

lembi2001 GBAtemp Fan

Dec 29, 2015
    Played this last night and in between soiling myself (not great with scary stuff) I managed to find the hole you look through. Locate the bathroom and then go round the corner from it and there should have been a photograph immediately on the wall, there is a hole there. This is the one you look through. If you go into the bathroom itself you should be able to see the hole on the wall on the inside.

It was VERY well made and drove me mad playing it for the best part of an hour.

ZipMartin likes this.
  6. Issac

Issac I

Supervisor
    GBAtemp Patron
    Issac is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Apr 10, 2004
    Sweden
    Sweden
    Well, Silent Hill wasn't created by Kojima, but a group of misfit Konami employees... it was just this new teaser (and game to come) that he was involved with.

7. depaul

depaul GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 21, 2014
    France
    Great effort but doesn't this game contain copyrighted materials?