Hardware yet another dual IPS post, calling all N3DS owners special editions guys I need your help

jmhannz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am looking at eBay going to be possibly buying a YW7010 pokemon 20th sealed. I've been doing some googling and hear 7010 is guaranteed 100% dual IPS is this true? I'd like to clearly know before spending a stupid amount on it and getting screwed and resort to trying to sell it for less....

LinkBlaBla

This is Perfect!
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I am looking at eBay going to be possibly buying a YW7010 pokemon 20th sealed. I've been doing some googling and hear 7010 is guaranteed 100% dual IPS is this true? I'd like to clearly know before spending a stupid amount on it and getting screwed and resort to trying to sell it for less....
I dont know about that but can confirm dual ips screen hyrule edition here ...ips is good but i recommend top ips bottom tn.

jmhannz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
there is no where confirming it for the pokemon 20th, but for people with Mario say its all set.

isoboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
550 dollars. Received dual TN. Seller let me return even though I was covered by the money back guarantee. I returned the package outside of ebay because the seller wasn't able to create a return label because of international shipping. Seller was responsible for all return cost but I agreed to split the cost when the seller asked. That was nice of me. The seller then cut contact and I don't expect to hear back. 43 dollars - live and learn. So then bid and won a new one which is now in my possession. Supposed to be mint condition. Grilled the seller many times about dust, scratches and all that. I got it and the screen protectors had a ton of dust under them. Doesn't matter, I was going to put tempered glass on it anyways. Peeled the plastic off to find MANY scratches or rather dots on the screen. All around the sides and bottom of the screen. I COULD return it but this time I couldn't be bothered so I ordered new top screen covers to swap it out. I also noticed a dead pixel up top of the screen but it's barely visible at all and doesn't matter. The hinge is floppy and clicks while my dual TN doesn't make any noise and sits tight. Comparing both head on the difference in screen quality is minimal. Just saying, I tried taking a picture with my ipad and it turned out just like the rest I've seen online. It looks very different and better on youtube and on pictures but side by side in front of you they're very similar. Was it worth it? Nah, not really. I've been wanting one for so long but ...meh. The IPS one is the pokemon 20th and the TN one I bought at launch.

Be ready to return your product. Have no expectations until you have it in your hands. My IPS one was "mint collector's edition" - NO it was not, far from it. Touch screen had zero scratches though. Here's the top screen http://imgur.com/pFjSuP4

Assume nothing and don't be surprised if it's been opened and you find fingerprints on it. The first purchase I returned was my own fault, I don't think the seller lied but it sure wasn't IPS.

anonynom

Punchyleaf
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bought another Pokémon dual IPS A9lh'd Pokémon 20th one on eBay. $299

I told the seller I'd commit if he could show me a paper with his username AND the 3DsIdent proving it's dual IPS. He did.
The box was utter shit from a collection point of view but the system is crisp and clean. A legit seller of a dual IPS won't hesitate or give you the run around when it comes to proof. This seller also had like 2000 reviews that were positive so they weren't those weird 1-5 reviews like some sellers.

tunip3

[debugger active]
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
just get it imported from the uk here all the new 3ds xls are dual ips

isoboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's a crucial point you made there. My seller had 100% positive rating, 70 stars and was registered since late 2011 so I didn't have reason to doubt him but I've learned for sure. My box was pretty much untouched too. It was pre-hacked with a9 as well and he did provide me with a few files when I asked but the reply I got when I showed him the above picture was "I swear I didn't know, the screen protectors were on 95% of the time. That looks like some kind of residue from peeling off the screen protectors." Okay so either he caused the damage himself "five percent of the time" (fucking lol...) or he bought it second hand even though he stated "the unit is mint, I made sure when I bought it at gamestop." Fucking asshole.

anonynom

Punchyleaf
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's a crucial point you made there. My seller had 100% positive rating, 70 stars and was registered since late 2011 so I didn't have reason to doubt him but I've learned for sure. My box was pretty much untouched too. It was pre-hacked with a9 as well and he did provide me with a few files when I asked but the reply I got when I showed him the above picture was "I swear I didn't know, the screen protectors were on 95% of the time. That looks like some kind of residue from peeling off the screen protectors." Okay so either he caused the damage himself "five percent of the time" (fucking lol...) or he bought it second hand even though he stated "the unit is mint, I made sure when I bought it at gamestop." Fucking asshole.
Well I mean, I meant using the ratings more as a idgaf if you have 2,000+ great reviews I still don't trust you without proof (he said to me "well I have 2000+ great reviews but give me a minute for photo") so yeah a legit seller won't make excuses. The seller never commented on the box but that point isn't important to me since I still have my mint box safe :)

jmhannz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok so smart choice? Idk I think so. What I ended up doing was getting over myself, found a new sealed in box mario black friday edition dual TN panels for $100. Bought it, boot9strapped it, and im buying the super smash bros covers (white) for it, and calling it a day $17 on Amazon, $117 for a hacked 3DS versus spending $300 for the pokemon edition, an additional $200 for the IPS screens... the new TNs are calibrated quite nice if I say so myself versus the old TNs, honestly I cannot tell a difference from my friends dual IPS, UNLESS I turn my head or DS but hey idk. yeah if the dual IPS was $100 for sure, but an additional $200. I think I'll save my money, I could buy 3x dual TN for the price of one Dual IPS, love nintendo

Last edited by jmhannz,
Reactions: OrGoN3

tunip3

[debugger active]
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
ok so smart choice? Idk I think so. What I ended up doing was getting over myself, found a new sealed in box mario black friday edition dual TN panels for $100. Bought it, boot9strapped it, and im buying the super smash bros covers (white) for it, and calling it a day $17 on Amazon, $117 for a hacked 3DS versus spending $300 for the pokemon edition, an additional $200 for the IPS screens... the new TNs are calibrated quite nice if I say so myself versus the old TNs, honestly I cannot tell a difference from my friends dual IPS, UNLESS I turn my head or DS but hey idk. yeah if the dual IPS was $100 for sure, but an additional $200. I think I'll save my money, I could buy 3x dual TN for the price of one Dual IPS, love nintendo
you could have just gotten a new 3ds xl imported from the uk

jmhannz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Pokémon system was not $100 MSRP & retailed at $179-199 anyway or so.
yeah pretty much XL pricing. Idk, I like my easy $99 console w/ CFW boot9strap haha. the saving part was nice. I never had a 3DS, only 3DS XL w/ dual IPS, these are calibrated really nice though. For $99 its a throw away beater. I've decided to make it my life mission to find a FE Edition sealed w/ dual IPS. Let the games begin

Last edited by jmhannz,

jamezfat

Trophies
Website
www.rickrolled.fr
XP
Country
United States
I've had 2 mario3dland ver
My first one I believe was not dual ips (I think it was top ios and bottom tn) but my new one is dual ios for shure (checked with 3dsident)
I don't have the old one anymore so I can't say for shure...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Were actually bots