Yet Another Doctor Who Thread

Discussion in 'Books, Music, TV & Movies' started by Thanatos Telos, Oct 31, 2012.

Oct 31, 2012
  1. Thanatos Telos
    OP

Member Thanatos Telos random stuff

United States
    2 questions.
    A: Who's your favorite doctor?
    B: Did you know that the Doctor has only 2 incarnations left?
    My favorite is Tennant.

2. Just Another Gamer

Member Just Another Gamer 星空のメモリア-Wish upon a shooting star- Fanboy

Australia
    • David Tennant was mine.
    • And I knew that but i'm sure the writers would find a way around it.

3. shoyrumaster11

Member shoyrumaster11 GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    I like Matt Smith... And the one from the 2005 series! Doctor having only 2 incarnations left? Guess in the next few years, i'll have to kiss goodbye this amazing series! I'll go watch the 60's Doctor Who just to keep me happy!

4. Youkai

Member Youkai Demon

Germany
    I thought it was only one as he gave one to River ...

5. Hadrian

Former Staff Hadrian Better than Craigslist

United Kingdom
    Hard to say who is the best, they're very different but the main three for me are Jon Pertwee, Tom Baker & Christopher Eccleston. Tennant used to be at the bottom for me along with Sylvester McCoy but his gurning doesn't annoy me as much so I don't mind him anymore, he just had a lot of shit RTD episodes to contend with.

BTW this is sci-fi, rules change all the time and they have massively as this series has gone on from '63 until today, though didn't he regenerate again while in the 10ths form but kept his appearance while part of the generation created another Doctor from his old hand? Does that count as one? I've only seen that episode twice (can't stand Catherine Tate) so I'm not 100% if what happened was what I say happened.

Another thing, I'll just copy and paste this as I'm too lazy to think and write it out myself:

Yeah yeah Wiki quote but it's true.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Regeneration_(Doctor_Who)#The_Doctor.27s_regenerations

6. Gundam Eclipse

Member Gundam Eclipse True Demon Route

India
    Going to copy my post from the other thread first
    A:
    So far, I am not sure if I have a solid favorite, as I have only seen Eccleston and Tennant ATM. I find both of their interpretations amazing, and Matt Smith's Doc looks awesome as well(Watched a bit of the first episode of his Doctor out of pure curiosity). You have to know though, I am highly easily pleased, I doubt I will have a solid favorite, and will most likely love them all >3>;

B:
    Yep, was aware of this. I am highly curious as to which actor they will choose for the final incarnation...

Also, question, does anyone know where I can buy the OST's for Doctor Who?
    Specifically...:

7. 431unknown

Member 431unknown Greatness Awaits

United States
    I love them all, but if I have to pick it is deffinitly a tie between Tom Baker and David Tenant all tho Smith is really starting to grow on me. My least favorite would deffinitly be Collin Baker the coat just hurt my eyes too much.

@Gundam Eclipse
    I know that I've seen parts of the OST for season 5 on iTunes so I would guess that the have the whole album.

8. Lucifer666

Member Lucifer666 all the world needs is me

Antarctica
    I've only seen the BBC modern-day Doctor Who episodes, so everything from 2005 onwards.
    A: Of the 3 I've seen, it's extremely tough to pick between Christopher Eccleston and David Tennant. Eccleston didn't get nearly as much screen time as the other two, so it makes him harder to judge. I felt that his character would've developed a hell of a lot more had his regeneration taken place later, so I guess I'm gonna have to go for Tennant.

B: Yes, but you're forgetting the fact that once Time Lords have used up all of their regenerations, they are able to take over someone else's body and continue to live on, but it's unlikely for the Doctor to accept doing something like this.
    Also, I think BBC refuses to go by that rule. Here's an extract from this Wikipedia entry:
    EDIT: Oh and one last thing, I forgot to mention that there are several rumours floating around saying that the rule was controlled by none other than the Timelords themselves, and, the Doctor being the last of them, has no limit to the number of times he can regenerate.

9. CannonFoddr

Member CannonFoddr Regular GBATemp Lurker

United Kingdom
    Difficult choice... I grew up with the first 'round' of Dr who - starting from John Pertwee..

Of the 'Old' doctors - I have to say Tom Baker was my favorite although some of his Travelling companions were a bit 'weak' IMHO (what was that genius mathematician boy called ?? - Aaron or something like that)

Of the 'Newer' Doctors - I have to say David Tennant is my Favorite, despite some of the stories he got (Assistant wise - the 'Smith & Jones' series I thought wasn't a bad set)

As for the Only 12 regeneration bit - I agree with Lucifier...
    I'm sure it was the Time Lords who made that rule up & since the Grand council are 'dead' & 'The Doctor' is the only one left (I'm not counting Rivers as a Time Lord) surely HE can make the rules now...
    Actually IIRC I think there was an episode that the Doctor was given the high position of the council, but put some1 else in the position until his return ??

EDIT: I was right - it was 'the Five Doctors' Episode
    Warning: Spoilers inside!
    & wasn't there an episode with Tennant where he tried to change the future of someone 'cos he was told that he had the power to control the future being the last Time lord??
    - although it didn't actually turn out OK, the future WAS changed