Yet another corrupted G6?

Discussion in 'Other Flashing Hardware & Software' started by Picolo, Oct 12, 2006.

Oct 12, 2006

Yet another corrupted G6? by Picolo at 6:34 AM (968 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. Picolo
    OP

Newcomer Picolo Advanced Member

Sweden
    Wow, so did this happend to me. I totally been carefull when writing roms and when removing the hardware.

Hadn't been flashing/deleting roms for months so I finally thought I should put another GBA rom on it.
    It all seemed to work fine, I put the fashcart on the burner and then into the USB-port, Windows found it and the burner LED turned blue.

After I flahed a GBA rom I safely removed the hardware and put the flashcart in my gaming unit. GBA logo shows up but then it just turned white. Nothing!

I put the hardware in and it shows up in windows but no blue LED on the burner. The portable device shows up in "my computer" but I can't access it.

What to do?

2. tama_mog

Member tama_mog Kupo

United States
    probably sees somethin attached to the usb burner.....I would suggest playing with the case of the g6 lite seeing if you can tighten it down or loosen it or change cases to see if it helps.

3. Picolo
    OP

Newcomer Picolo Advanced Member

Sweden
    Accually I think it worked.. or it was something with my USB hub, or both.
    All files are intact (also the rom I flashed).

Thanks, that was a relief. Perhaps the "corruption issue" is exaggerated after all.

4. Orenhy

Newcomer Orenhy Member

Israel
    I've also been having problems with the big GBA cart casing, is seems to not connect properly and needs to be inseretd a couple of times untill it gets working.

5. tama_mog

Member tama_mog Kupo

United States
    it's important in this case to realign the pcboard inside or if the case is getting worn from use....I'd suggest switching cases to avoid the issue.

6. Raheelp

Newcomer Raheelp Newbie

United States
    That may be my problem, I somehow have to tighen the case correct?

I can get the system to work sometimes, its kinda wierd...

I will reallign, if that dosen't work new topic :0.