Yet another anti-fake annoucement from DSTT

Discussion in 'DSTT' started by netter, Sep 9, 2008.

Sep 9, 2008
  1. netter
    OP

Newcomer netter Member

Hong Kong
    The official website updated again with the following statement

http://www.ndstt.com/english/index_en.htm

[​IMG]

2. Bri

Member Bri GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    Maybe someone will buy one of these and let us know if it has the gold dot. Or maybe dealextreme.com can tell us if the ones in the new packages have the gold dot.

If the new ones don't have the gold dot, it seems likely that the ones with gold dots are indeed fake. In which case dealextreme.com should allow exchanges for the new one.

Of course, it appears that the new one doesn't come with the crappy microSD reader, so DealExtreme should throw in one of theirs if they're accepting exchanges.

-Bri

3. TrolleyDave

Former Staff TrolleyDave Philosolosophising

United Kingdom
    I bought one this morning from DX so I'll let you know when it arrives if no-one else has. I've only ever ordered 1 thing from them before and it took about 5 days, so I'm hoping this will be the same.

4. ultragoregrind

Newcomer ultragoregrind Newbie

United States
    I just today got my DSTT from DX (to upgrade form my r4). Seems to have all the same markings as a fake - however i cannot stress this enough - it did not arrive in this new packaging shown on the DSTT site.

5. Urza

Member Urza hi

United States
    Solution:

Stop buying DSTT and get a better cart instead. They're all basically the same price now.

6. Bri

Member Bri GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    At $12, I think the DSTT is probably the cheapest flash cart.

But you have to buy a microSD reader. For a few extra bucks you can get an Acekard 2, an Edge, or a SCDS1, all of which come with a microSD reader and all of which are far better carts.

-Bri

7. NeSchn

Member NeSchn GBAPimpdaddy.

United States
    Holy shit, When I get some money on my PayPal I am totally going to buy a couple of these and sell them in school. Thats a great price and it makes for great profit. I only sell them for $25 a peice.