Homebrew Yes there is a topic on DS emus for computers...but what do you prefer

VmprHntrD

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I love that sticky thread that keeps people up to date on things, but as it stands you got NO$ which you can find easily enough, IDEAS and more.

But what do you like most, and why? One have better audio, compatibility nicer, nice added options?

deathfisaro

Narcistic Deathfisaro Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
NO$GBA = runs decent amount of games
iDeaS = requires minimum translation between ideas save file and R4 save file (Just need to fill up with FF to make 512kb)

If I want a game that doesn't have AR codes edited, I use emulators and that's the only occasion.
So I use Ideas most of the time, but if ideas doesn't run a game properly I use NO$GBA which requires online save converter.

Narin

The Cheat Master, kupo!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
cheats.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
deathfisaro said:
My personal opinion if you don't care about R4
NO$GBA >>>>> Ideas > desmume
I got my R4 saves to work on No$GBA and vice versus. Just go into the No$GBA options and change the save format from compressed to raw and that should do it. Though you may have to use http://www.shunyweb.info/convert.php to convert them.

VmprHntrD

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh I care about R4. I just haven't the idea where to find a legit one anymore since they were discontinued and now I hear shady ones are on the market, but also I'm on spending freeze for like the next 6 weeks so I can't buy one anyways.

I've personally been using NO$, but I did try the other two out. Ideas is pretty nice, but the audio isn't as hot and the compatibility is a bit less, and desmume is just slow and so-so.

I just got this new pc a few days at, a quad core 2.4ghz computer with 3gb of ram and a 256mb radeon installed and surprised me just how badly desmume ran.

Off topic though, thinking of trying that ps2 emulator out as I have 2 games here I can no longer use due to lack of hardware that I kept as I worked on both when I was at Midway years ago...love to play them again.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    I @ idonthave: :)