Hacking Yellow touch screen issue......

tker333

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
does ur ds lite have the yellow screen as shown on the left?
Note : it is easier to see the difference when u are at the white ds startup screen as shown...

dstint1.jpg

comparison of the 2 screens, is ur bottom screen like the one on the right?
dstint2.jpg

tker333

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
should i go back to the shop and ask for a replacement?.......ive already replaced a previous ds lite as it has a faulty dpad and now this happens
frown.gif

If i exchange this, it would be my 3rd set. Hope that the owners wont be too angry

GBAer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I replaced my ds like because of the yellow tint and guess what the replacement has it to
frown.gif
and also you are able to see the light from the bottom screen shining through the front of the replacement ds as well.

Its just pot luck in which one you get.

omegatr0n

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
no its a common problem on touchcreens....also if I tilt mine down i can see the backlights...are you saying thiers a way to maybe get one where i cant....

Also cna you get a non yellow screenon the ndsl

nervx

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm on my third ds now.

1st - dead pixels center screen
2nd - big backlight gaps on the sides of touch screen
3rd - backlight gaps and yellow screen... im talking smokers yellow, worse than those pics.

I noticed on my third one that the startup sound is way different and the warning at startup can be bypassed by pressing any button. New firmware i guess, too bad nintendo hasn't upped quality testing.

On sunday i'll go back to bestbuy for my 4th one. I almost want to bring my g6 with me to test the thing in store cause im getting tired of going back. I don't know if they'll let me though...

falco123

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
should i go back to the shop and ask for a replacement?.......ive already replaced a previous ds lite as it has a faulty dpad and now this happens
frown.gif
Â
If i exchange this, it would be my 3rd set. Hope that the owners wont be too angry

When it had a faulty dpad, did you send it to nintendo? I heard the people who called in about that didn't get it replaced because nintendo "hadn't heard of the problem." I bought mine online from EBGames, so I have no idea what the exchange policy is on that stuff.

Yes, I have a yellow tint, and you took those pictures from that IGN guide =P It's hard to tell whether you should send it in or not because the next one might have more problems, but then again, if it does, just keep exchanging it until you get a good one. I'm probably going to do that; I don't see why people have such a problem with exchanging it. You did pay a lot of money.

I can't tell whether I have the backlight problem or not. When I tilt the touchscreen and look to the left and top sides of it, I can see a lot of light, but I have to tilt it quite a bit...

Arnold Schwarzen

Trophies
Website
gov.ca.gov
XP
Country
United States
I've just purchased a brand new DS Lite this afternoon and have a yellowish touch screen too. I don't think it even looks that bad and wouldn't exchange it for another one (lucky that I don't suffer from d-pad and pixel defects). I thought the reason for this was the touch sensitive plastic layer placed over the bottom LCD screen. Anyway, for me it's not that noticable and not noticable at all when playing games.

gryto

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
New Zealand
I had a tinted (reddish brown) touchscreen on one of my old original dses. I had it for a week before I took it to be replaced..
I think some are less tinted than others.

Crygor64

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Try playing a few games with stark white screens. I think you'll find that this "yellow" tinge is limited only to the boot up screen. (At least that's what I have noticed. )

scrawl

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I had a DS-Lite with a cracked hinge replaced last month and the replacement had a noticeably whiter touch-screen.

Personally, I never found the yellow-tinge to be a problem. You only ever notice it on the health warning screen.

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
WOW! Just when I thought that my DS Lite was perfect (no dead pixles, no cracks, no faulty D-Pad), you bring this up and now my DS Lite isn't perfect anymore!

Arm73

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
same here, yesterday I got a black DSL (my first one being an electric blue phat DS and second a withe DSL that I got at lounch day) and after reading about dead pixels and creacked hinge I was glad to find mine absolutely perfect.
Now I noticed that the bottom screen is somehow yellowish compared to the white DSL(but really not that much) so I guess mines in not perfect either :lol

pte

Trophies
XP
Country
Yep, you don't even notice that it is a bit yellow unless you compare it during the health warning screen. Other than that, no problem.

My first DSL had two white screens, now I have got a bit "yellow" screen but I am happy with it. No dead pixels, a perfect D-Pad et cetra. The first DSL didn't have that yellow color but the touchscreen was a loose one thus it cracked everytime you touched it gently. That means something wasn't right, now it is a bit yellow and non-cracking.

Perfect for me.

falco123

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Mine makes a small pop sound when I push the screen in the bottom half. I wonder if I can get a replacement, although I hear units are refurbished??

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +1
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped... +1