Yellow tint

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by Bent, Aug 23, 2007.

Aug 23, 2007

Yellow tint by Bent at 2:03 PM (1,633 Views / 0 Likes) 9 replies

1. Bent
    OP

Member Bent GBAtemp Regular

United States
    So I finally decided to buy a DS Lite since my old DS is a little beat up. So I bought the new brain age 2 bundle. When I turned my DS on, the touch screen has a yellow tint to it that my old DS doesn't have, and neither does my girlfriend's DS Lite. It isn't just a little yellow either, it is quite noticable. Searching the internet it seems to be a fairly common issue. Just curious to hear if anyone else has experienced this and what you did about it.

2. jelbo

Member jelbo Ōkami!

Netherlands
    I don't have the issue, but if it bothers you I'd go back with it. I know I'd be bothered.. [​IMG]

3. gratefulbuddy

Member gratefulbuddy amateur lunatic

United States
    This issue is discussed on NOAs website:
    http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/systems/d....jsp#difference
    They claim its from the touch screen that sits over the LCD. I have two black DSLs. On one of them its fairly obvious that only the bottom screen is slightly yellow. The other DSL actually looks like the yellow is on both screens.

4. Takrin

Member Takrin GBAtemp Fan

United States
    there were few discussion awhile back, basicly it said that the yellow touch screen had better sensitivity then the non yellow touch screen dslites. my first dsl didnt have a yellow tint and i hated my touch screen response, then i bought a second dsl which had a yellow tint and noticed it was better.

5. Bent
    OP

United States
    I would not have been able to get past the extreme difference in the way the two screens looked, so I ended up bringing the unit back to where I bought it, and the replacement looks fine.

6. thomasroberts6

Member thomasroberts6 GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    My brother has the smae problem, but he has a red tint to his...

7. amptor

Banned amptor Banned

United States
    They need to lower the price on this unit to get me interested, only costs them about $50 to make it anyway. If it bothers u at all, i'd exchange it. It's an overpriced piece of hardware to put up with any flaw like that (yet it is still cheap but I'm a cheap skate because I own two old style DS systems which work fine)

8. ridgecity

Member ridgecity GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mexico
    hey I wanna know about the viewing angle compared to your old ds, is it the same? is there ghosting? how about brightness?

9. Bent
    OP

United States
    I actually have not used it yet, been pretty busy the last few days, but I have used ds lite's before. The screen is much brighter, it is the best change from the old ds. The buttons feel different, and the system feels different in your hands because it's so much smaller. Other than that, I don't find it to be that much different, angle-wise or anything.

10. 4saken

Member 4saken Retired Ace Attorney

Australia
    There was a test performed on some chinese forum regarding this, and the difference of viewing angle of various DSL (sorted by country and color) was quite surprising.