Yellow light of death ps3 fat old model?!?

Danook28

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Oman
I see this broblume on youtu.be.. My ps3 fat old model cechc04...not working only Green light after that yellow light red and beep 3 time red bup up like laptop... The fan move slow after running ...The device was with another person. The cooling dough was not applied. I put my finger and nothing was left of it. It is not a bit sticky. It is seen on the slides throughout the period that the device was with. What astonishment is is the energy that supplies the energy is the reason for this to happen and the problem can be solved in a normal way Or is this up to rebuild the processor and be more difficult and more difficult tools Is there anything easier ???

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
unfortunately, that's what happens a lot with phat ps3s (especially launch models). there's ways to fix it. you just have to treat those systems with the utmost care or they fail on you. I only recommend bc systems if you play a lot of ps2 games, otherwise softmod a ps2 or something. my first ps3 was a launch model that I bought off ebay. it got ylod within minutes of turning it on, so I returned it. I wasn't spending $200+ on that.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Don't write the system off just yet, there's a lot of different causes for this behaviour besides BGA damage. A lot of times it can be insufficient mounting pressure on the CPU and GPU due to screws loosening over time. It doesn't look good, but I'd give it a shot and check if renounting the cooler changes the system's behaviour at all. If it does, I'd put it through the paces, perhaps even delid if you're adventurous. If it doesn't, you can give an amateur reflow a shot.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.