Yellow Composite Cables

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by JinTrigger, Feb 7, 2010.

Feb 7, 2010

Yellow Composite Cables by JinTrigger at 4:56 AM (1,804 Views / 0 Likes) 19 replies

1. JinTrigger
    OP

Member JinTrigger Asentrix Studios

United States
    Ok so about a week ago I posted a topic about my Wii and the various cables where the yellow composite cable refuses to work with my Wii. After going to a friends house though I've made an interesting find.....My friend had a new Wii that had the new D3-whatever chips so I decided to get my Wii and hook it up to his TV using his cords/cables that came with the Wii. Come to find out the yellow composite cable didn't work with my wii but it work with his Wii just fine. So the only deduction I can make is my wii rejects yellow compostie cables...it'll work with component cables and S-video but not yellow composite cables. Why is this......My setting are correct as far as I know....but I think this may help someone if you decided to help me with this problem. this 1st occurs when I was playing my Wii during a power outage. After the power was restore the Wii's video wouldn't show up and at the time I was using the cables that came with the Wii....I assumed that the cables shorted out or something so I threw them away but they appertently weren't the problem. My wii is. Can someone please help me out here.

2. Vattu

Member Vattu GBAtemp Regular

Sweden
    either hardware failure or bad settings.

3. JinTrigger
    OP

United States
    is there any way of telling which

4. Christopho

Member Christopho GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I don't see why you even want composite, just use the regular component. I recently purchased composite cables that would so called "give me 480p" and hooked it up into my 52" Plasma HDTV. I start up my Wii and then realize that I get the same quality sound, graphics are read the same, etc. What a waste of $10 -.-

5. DKAngel

Member DKAngel GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Australia
    yeah go component much better in picture quality, id say ur wii is damaged if it wont take the composite input at all.

6. Wiisel

Member Wiisel GBAtemp Maniac

United Kingdom
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Try using the component for EDTV and you will see your $10 worth

7. nitrostemp

Member nitrostemp GBAtemp Maniac

Australia
    lol you need to select non interlaced to see the difference, of course there is no diff in sound they are going through the same cables, but with the 3 color cables its able to produce a better stable picture compared to the yellow white red
    also unplug all the cables on the wii and leave it to sit for 24 hours and and then all power will be gone from the wii and it should work with the cables again

8. rolandpibb

Member rolandpibb GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    So much wrong with this statement.

Yellow-(Red-white audio) cables - composite

Red-Green-Blue-(Red-white audio) - component.

And if you can't see a difference, then your TV is shit.

9. Christopho

Member Christopho GBAtemp Regular

United States
    "So much wrong" with your grammar =.=........I was mistaken, get over it. There's 2 ways you could have said your post:

1. End with "Red-Green-Blue-(Red-white.......component."

2. Say it like you did.

Obviously you chose the option that didn't even have to be said.

This isn't a forum where you make fun of people, which is why i just stopped from my first sentence, it's a forum where you help others. Let's not make this another wiihacks.com or xbox360iso.com guys, and last time I checked a Sony 52" Plasma HDTV that can output 1080p isn't "shit" moron. Call me a hypocrite =P

Be a bigger man and just shut up and pretend you and I never even had this "conversation" and just help the guy.....

10. JinTrigger
    OP

United States
    ....Um perciate that Christopho...I mean I could care less about what you were talking about with the other dude, but you made a good point. I need help and except for the one "leave Wii off fro 24 hours" I have not gotten it. Now for those of you you say just go component...I have those but not all TV has component output like the in my rooms at both my moms and dads house and not all Tv's have S-video output.....so when I get to a Tv with just the yellow-red-white I need to be able to play my Wii on it. Now can someone just give me some real advice before I have to go to my mom's house again (lucky the TV at my Dad's house has S-video so for now I'm str8)

11. rolandpibb

Canada
    Ok, for the "guy" - JinTrigger,

You'll need to troubleshoot any and every step along the way. Double check that the settings for both the TV and the Wii are for "interlaced" and not "progressive" when you have the composite (yellow) cables hooked up. Also, make sure that the S-Video cable is unhooked from the TV. Some sets will default to the S-Video when both it, and the yellow composite cables are plugged in. If you have another TV handy, try that one as well. The cables themselves could be hooped, try another set. As troubleshooting goes, I cannot imagine that if the Wii is outputting an interlaced signal through the S-Video, that the Wii is the one that is struggling with the yellow composite cable. My bet is that the cable is faulty, or that the TV has the wrong settings, or that the S-Vid and Yellow RCA cable are plugged in at the same time.

As for Mr. Insulty-pants, snap the ritalin in half next time, you're contradicting yourself again. You wrote "This isn't a forum where you make fun of people" and then you call me "moron". I believe that one who gives wrong information to someone asking for help, would be the moron. Then I read "shut up" and then "help the guy". Hooookay.

But I do apologize, It's obvious that your need for cockswinging and showing off your "52" Plasma HDTV" was marred by my comment. I'm sorry I immasculated you, your super duper anime picture, and your kickass TV. Sony must have the best upscaler ever. You win and I lose.

12. JinTrigger
    OP

United States
    how do i check to see if my Wii setting is interlaced or progressive

-And the cables can't be faulty cause its one of those mu;tim-system cables and my ps2 works fine through the yellow and s-video

13. DKAngel

Australia
    maybe the multi system cables dont work well with the wii? got a friend who has normal cables for it? if they dont work id still say there is a hardware problem with your wii

14. JinTrigger
    OP

United States
    I guess thats its because I tired the orginal wii cable my friend had and got nothing. It's on interlace setting. F**K!!!! stupid hardware problems.....what should I do now.

-YEAH post number 300!!! I'm a GBAtemp fan..yeah

15. DKAngel

Australia
    find a component to composite adapter or an svid to composite adapter =] then u can still use it on all tvs

16. JinTrigger
    OP

United States
    well if thats all I can do I'll have to make due seeing I have zero money

-I bet it was that power outage that occur that one night...But I thought it was the cord not the Wii. This is the same shit that happened to my A/C cord...Damn outages

17. rolandpibb

Canada
    Go to RadioShack, or The Source or any electronics parts store and pick up the S-video to composite adapter, it`s only a couple of bucks. Since the S-Vid output still works, that would be your cheapest best bet.

18. JinTrigger
    OP

United States
    Ok I"ll try that then......

19. DKAngel

Australia
    any luck on getting those cables working?

20. Jamstruth

Member Jamstruth Secondary Feline Anthropomorph

United Kingdom
    Sudden thought: Does the composite input on your TV work with any other console?