Homebrew Yellow bottom screen on 3DS after opening old eShop downloader

tech3475

Trophies
XP
Country
Hum, what are youn on about? He didnt softbrick.... please read it.

I asked it because:
1) Worst case scenario I wondered if it could at least make the console usable.
2) I also wanted to check that there may not be another issue at play with the console itself.

Clector

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
NATIVE_FIRM of 10.4 introduced ASLR for eShop, because that is like whit the ASLR games in NATIVE_FIRM of 11.0 when you try to use with them the hax it normally doesn"t work and you have to try a lot of times and there"s the possibility that one of that times it can boot, so isn"t normally usable with NATIVE_FIRM 10.4 or higher, I suppose it need to be patched like with another ASLR games in the backend itself.

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
I asked it because:
1) Worst case scenario I wondered if it could at least make the console usable.
2) I also wanted to check that there may not be another issue at play with the console itself.
But.. Yellow screen =/= brick....

Sent from my Nokia 3310 using Tapatalk

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I see what you mean now, for some reason I was thinking the issue was menuhax not eshop downloader.

My mistake.
Even for menuhax yellow screen does not equal brick. If your emuNAND or sysNAND is bricked, it will never freeze on yellow screen, it will either have an eternal black screen or it may also boot to home menu for a few seconds and then throw an error. Yellow screen is specific for HBL exploits, and if you can run those you haven't bricked, you've just had HBL error while trying to load.

tech3475

Trophies
XP
Country
Even for menuhax yellow screen does not equal brick. If your emuNAND or sysNAND is bricked, it will never freeze on yellow screen, it will either have an eternal black screen or it may also boot to home menu for a few seconds and then throw an error. Yellow screen is specific for HBL exploits, and if you can run those you haven't bricked, you've just had HBL error while trying to load.

At the time, I thought the OP was just stuck with the yellow screen on boot making it effectively a soft brick (see my SD card question).

I just wanted to test what I thought would be a worst case fix was still available before trying other things.

That was why I asked about recovery mode.

Obviously I know better now.

configchan

Trophies
XP
Country
The only thing that could cause yellow screen on boot is menuhax, so it would only need a change in buttons held/unheld to work.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM