The cheese stash is a lie.
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
My r4ds works perfectly i can play games and watch DPG movies but i cannot get the skins to work on my r4ds either i have them in th e right directory and everything

and guess what ........ im on windows ME also :-(

darksavior

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you guys ever thought about..upgrading to xp?or at least 2k. silly question im sure
tongue.gif

there are "ways" to get it for free if you know how to look if money's an issue

XeroRestraint

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
dice - I think you need to find another way to get files onto your microSD to see if it's truly an ME problem or an R4/SD problem.

as a possible workaround, try copying the zip/rar archive to the appropriate directory on your SD first, then try extracting it directly there. See if bypassing WinMe copy/move helps.

alternatively you could try using the command prompt to copy the files (if ME's cmd prompt recognizes USB devices)

or, you could try installing the homebrew FTP server DSFTP and have someone FTP the files directly to your SD card then use a file manager to move them to the right directory with your ds.

I realize these are all a pain in the ass but I'm sure you'd like to figure out what the heck is going on.

weird that two guys with ME are having the same problem - I'm starting to think it *is* ME at fault but you should see if taking ME out of the equation eliminates the problem to truly draw that conclusion.

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you have another paint program you could use? Something like Paint Shop Pro or some other paint program?

XeroRestraint

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Do you have another paint program you could use? Something like Paint Shop Pro or some other paint program?

They shouldn't have to be using any image editor to open or save these files at all. They are pre-made skins that are already compatible with the R4 that lots of people are already using as-is.
huh.gif

XeroRestraint

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
i tried the first method you stated and no go :-(

frown.gif
Well, I thought that would be the least likely to work (since the OS is still "touching" the files when they're extracted) but since it was easiest I thought it was worth a try.

I think the FTP test will be definitive, or can you try it on a friend's (non-ME) computer (don't extract the archive on yours first though)?

Pedro UK

Trophies
XP
Country
I have the same issue as Dice. Everything works fine except skins. However, I'm not using ME, I'm using Windows XP SP2...

outphase

Custom title
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Here's a bit more refined of a script to ensure you're only writing what you are able to write. I also used the perl command rename in case new files show up and such.

Code:
#!/bin/sh

if [ -d _system_ ]
then
ÂÂÂÂrename 'y/a-z/A-Z/' _system_
fi

if [ -d _SYSTEM_ ]
then
ÂÂÂÂcd _SYSTEM_
ÂÂÂÂrename 'y/a-z/A-Z/' *
ÂÂÂÂfor i in *
ÂÂÂÂdo